What's in the bag?
- BA man seeks new Pop I-dole. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p24
Talks about Flop Idle, the scheme proposed in British Airways PLC, wherein employees would vote 'Pop Idol'-style on who to make redundant. Price of phone votes; Reason for the proposed scheme.
- BA to scrap five winter services. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p56
Reports that British Airways PLC is to eradicate five services in a bid to concentrate on 'commercially viable' routes. Plans to start a thrice-weekly service from Gatwick to Dubrovnik; Switch of some long-haul flights to Heathrow's Terminal 1; Services to Johannesburg and Tokyo.
- BA offers WWII commemorative holidays. // Air Transport World;Nov93, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p131
Highlights an offer of three tour packages by British Airways and Travellers International. Design to allow World War II veterans to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the D-Day landing at Normandy; Itineraries; Prices; Destinations.
- BA ducks agent pay questions. Noakes, GAry // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/28/2002, Issue 2537, p21
Reports on the possible commission cuts implemented by British Airways (BA) to travel agents. Discussions regarding the sector payment plans of the airline; Emphasis on the significance of travel agents to the sales of BA; Details on changes on BA's short-haul network.
- BA adds Tenerife North flights. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2003, Issue 2558, p8
Reports that British Airways PLC is offering a scheduled non-stop service to Tenerife North airport from Great Britain.
- Agents team up to battle ADMs. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2003, Issue 2558, p52
Reports on the plan of travel agents fighting British Airways'(BA) policy on Agency Debit Memos (ADM) to compile fines imposed on them to lobby the airline in London, England. Number of travel houses who received ADM; Reaction of agents on the fines; Need of BA to abandon its policy.
- World turning to San Diego via British Airways. Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the resumption of the British Airways' service between San Diego and London on July 1, 1996 after a five-year hiatus. Background on the service offered by British Air from 1989-1991; Reason behind the move to discontinue services in 1991; Plans for the resumption of services; Ticket...
- BA EYES MADRID GROWTH. // Buying Business Travel;May/Jun2010, Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the aim of British Airways PLC to use Madrid, Spain as an extension point in the absence of extra runaway capacity at Heathrow after its merger with Iberia.
- Cabin pressures. Churchill, David // Management Today;Oct94, p96
Reports on the upturn in business travel in Great Britain. British Airway's relaunching of Club Europe; Business travel in the 1980s; Result of the Amex tracking survey of business travel expenditure; Revival of business travel post-recession; Benefits derived by the hospitality industry from...