Social networks have a duty of care
- KIDS CAN BYPASS INTERNET FILTERS. // USA Today Magazine;May2007, Vol. 135 Issue 2744, p6
The article discusses the findings of a study on online pornography reported by the University of New Hampshire (UNH) in Durham. According to the results, the threat posed by pornography to children and teenagers is more serious than indicated in other studies. Also noted is that social...
- Mischief Night isn't only for the kids. Lusk, Darian // Pipe Dream;10/29/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 14, p12
The article presents funny, Internet pranks for friends including asking for money on Facebook, have the friend participate in bizarre Facebook groups and attach links to pornography sites.
- Las p�ginas de juegos para adultos crecen un 212%. Goldfryd, Oski // MK - Marketing m�s Ventas;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 260, p68
No abstract available.
- COPA Struck Down Again. Lau-Whelan, Debra; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;4/15/2007, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) which targets commercial web site operators in an attempt to keep internet pornography from children. A federal judge voted down the law on the basis of free speech. Reportedly, online predators and social networking sites have...
- Hot or Not. // Revolution (14605953);May2009, p7
This section offers news briefs on social networking websites. Courses for parents on how to monitor their children's activities on the Facebook website are being offered by Stanford University. A link to the Home Office website was tampered which brought about the showing of a Japanese...
- MAILBAG. J., Alissa; N., Megan; G., Christopher; L, Trevor // Weekly Reader News - Senior;2/26/2010, Vol. 88 Issue 18, p2
The article presents readers' responses to the question of whether children should be permitted to have access to social networking Web sites.
- Tweenage Wasteland. Peterson, Tim // Adweek;6/25/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 25, p11
The article discusses efforts by Facebook and other companies to develop social networks for children under age 13, with particular focus given to possible safety and privacy issues.
- Let's all be friends. Beau, Emilie Le // Crain's Chicago Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p17
The article focuses on using social networking sites as a medium for marketing by companies. Chicago-based Playboy Enterprises Inc. has more than one million fans on Facebook. It also has a presence on MySpace and Twitter. Northfield-based Kraft Foods Inc. has set up a Facebook page with recipes...
- PLAYBOY'S SOCIAL NETWORKING PLAY. Power, Denise // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/14/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 104, p10
An interview with Christie Hefner, chairman and chief executive officer of Playboy Enterprises Inc., about social networking is presented. She describes Playboy's new London store. She discusses whether there are any new technologies she plan to add to shopthebunny.com or other Web sites. She...