CHART THE RIGHT COURSE
- The Observatory. // e.learning age;Sep2003, p46
Offers information on The Observatory, a Web service owned by and run for higher education in Great Britain. Role of The Observatory in borderless education; Subscription rate to the service; Reason for the establishment of the service.
- Education - general. Marley, Brian // Higher Education Review;Spring2008, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p95
The article presents a list of publications about higher education including "Facilitating Reflective Learning in Higher Education," "The Doctorate Worldwide" by edited by Stuart Powell and Howard Green and "How to Teach in FE With a Hangover."
- University Center makes mark in NE Michigan. Bowerman, Courtney // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/17/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p18
The article offers information on the higher education program for northeastern Michigan residents of the University Center at Gaylord. The university hosts classes for students who are unable to go to the nearest four-year institutions and to provide them with college degrees. The programs...
- The Future of the University: Reflections from New Zealand. Roberts, Peter // International Review of Education / Internationale Zeitschrift f;1999, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p65
Over the past two decades, references to "crises" in tertiary education ï¿½ and in universities in particular ï¿½ have appeared with increasing frequency in popular and academic texts. Some commentators have concentrated on shortfalls in funding and the exploitation of staff; others have...
- Teaching and Learning In Higher Education. // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p139
The article lists reference books on teaching and learning in higher education including "Multicultural education: Issues and perspective," by J. A. Banks, "Becoming a critically reflective teacher," by S. D. Brookfield and "Motivating students," by W. E. Cashin.
- Standards of Practice in Postsecondary Special Needs Programming: Student and Administrator Opinion. Reed, M.J.; Lund-Lucas, E.; O'Rourke, K. // Canadian Journal of Higher Education;2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p27
Studies standards of practice in postsecondary special needs programming. Determination of program effectiveness; Institutional policy constraints.
- BUNKING CLASSES. Kulty, Shobana Sankaran // Woman's Era;Feb2012, p53
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of cutting a class in college.
- Higher education: Planning for the 21st century. Powers, David R. // Fedgazette;Jan1992, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p18
Editorial. Comments on the challenges facing higher education in Minnesota. Minnesota's need to rethink its post-secondary infrastructure; Education as a strategic resource for the quality of life and economic competitiveness in the state; Flexibility of Minnesota to respond to the challenges...
- Pedagogical Monitoring: Content and Function Analysis. Lvov, L. V. // Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects / Sovremennaia;
Content basis of pedagogical monitoring is discussed, main views on monitoring essence are analyzed and functions of pedagogical monitoring are explained.