The truth will out
- `General practice' to falsify sales records, claim former Maples branch managers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p2
Focuses on the claim made by branch managers of British furniture retailer Maples that it was common practice for branch managers in the chain to falsify sales records to improve the chain's cash flow and continue trading. Features of the financial problems facing the company; Background to the...
- Maples owners had 40 days warning of ...7.7m shortfall. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p8
Reports on the financial status of Maples furniture retailer with its chain liabilities exceeding its assets and overdraft limits. Estimated amount of the liabilities; Appointment of Deloitte & Touch as administrative receiver.
- Maples directors banned. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p1
Reports that former Maples managing director Grahame Winter has protested his innocence about the collapse of the furniture company in September 1997. Winter's disqualification as a company director for eight years; Results of the British Department of Trade and Industry investigation.
- One year on. // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p1
Opinion. Discusses the current problems facing the cabinet retail industry since the collapse of British chain Maples in 1997. Weather and interest rate; Increased advertising and selling cost; Tough times facing Essex Furniture.
- Creditors are still waiting. // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p2
Focuses on creditors' efforts to determine if they will receive any money raised from the sale of stores, stocks and branded products of Maples, the British furniture chain that collapsed in 1997.
- Agreed bid for Maples comes from Macowards. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2008, Issue 5573, p33
The article presents a reprint of the article "Agreed bid for Maples comes from Macowards," which appeared on the February 4, 1972 issue of "Cabinet Maker." A Â£17.6 million has been the agreed bid for Maples from Cardiff, Wales-based department store group Macowards. Oliver Jessel of Jessel...
- Maples trades on as Cinven calls it a day after Â£8m spend. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2007, Issue 5556, p38
The article reports on the move of Maples Co. to continue to trade despite the decision of its owner firm, Cinven Group Ltd. to place it under an administrative receivership in Great Britain. According to the administrative receivers of Deloitte & Touche Andrew Peters and Roger Powdrill, they...
- The endless list of Maples debts. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p1
Opinion. Comments on the debt incurred by the firm Maples. Creditors' meeting held by the company; Request made for Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry to allow the High Court's intervention.
- Will Cinven waive ...7.29m claim to give Maples creditors a better deal? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p7
Details the debt incurred by the furniture firm Maples. Creditors' meeting held by the company on November 27, 1997; Largest creditors; Discussion between the company and its creditors on how to settle the debt.