- SECRETS TO SUCCESS IN 2015. // Special Events;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p39
The article offers tips to special events industry professionals on how to be more successful in 2015, including exploring new and unusual markets, hiring the right people and managing resources properly.
- Get the Best Results From a Home Show. Ball, Lorraine // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/21/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on some suggestions which are helpful for the preparation of industry home show and making investment. It is suggested that one should decide first on specific objectives and measures the results of such decision. To make the most of an investment, it is suggested...
- THINKING BIG. Hurley, Lisa // Special Events;Feb2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p40
Presents the results of a survey of executives in the U.S. event rental industry to determine their views on the performance of the industry in 2006. Significance of the economy to the success of the event rental industry; Plans of some companies regarding inventory additions; Decision...
- New England Chapter Triumphs Over Obstacles. Douglas, Stephanie // Special Events;Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p18c
Announces the victory of the New England Chapter of the International Special Events Society to increase its membership. Obstacles to membership growth; Factors that contributed to the chapter's success; Basic strategies that the chapter implemented to create membership growth.
- Time to be nimble in a changing land. Wright, Sarah // Conference & Incentive Travel;Nov/Dec2010, p16
In this article the author discusses the need to put the right talent at the right time and place and to put communication back in its rightful place at the centre of business and communication strategy to gain back the momentum in the events services industry.
- Business Events Cairns & Great Barrier Reef. // Spice;Feb2011, Issue 1, p35
In this article the author focuses on the achievements and plans of the Business Events Cairns and Great Barrier Reef and the challenges of diversity in the special events industry in Australia.
- DG3. // Spice;Feb2011, Issue 1, p39
In this article the author offers guidelines for developing one's business and managing business events which include thinking creatively and taking risks, locating suppliers that are novel and fresh, and observing the latest trends and happenings in the industry.
- Exhibitions & Trade Fairs. // Spice;Feb2011, Issue 1, p48
In this article the author focuses on the need to reassess marketing strategies and to emphasize creative sponsorship opportunities, interactive learning, and maximum networking potential for the revival of the exhibitions and trade fair industry.
- Adding impact to communications. Wilkins, James // Conference & Incentive Travel;Mar2010, p17
In this article, the author comments on the impact of communications on companies in Great Britain. The author mentions that purposeful and personal communication can help event delegates to define their place and understand their role. He believes that communication not only conveys ideas, but...