CHINESE WHISPERS ARE RIFE AT APIC CONFERENCE
- A brighter picture. Sato, Yutaka // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p12
Predicts a positive prospect for petrochemical companies in Japan. Rationale of refinery-affiliated producers for shifting to propylene; Demand for major petrochemicals in 2001; Domestic demand for ethylene; Capacities of several petrochemicals.
- A Brief Look at India's Plastics and Petrochemical Industry. Rangarajan, S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Feb2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p40
The author reflects on India's plastics and petrochemical industry. He cites the combined olefins production capacities of India in 2009 which includes ethylene, propylene and butadiene. He mentions that estimated projections indicate that per capita polymer consumption will reach 13 kilograms....
- Uncertain outlook. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p21
Predicts the recovery of the petroleum chemicals market in Southeast Asia and China despite the severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic. Prices of ethylene in 2002; Effects of a structural shortage of propylene in the Asian markets; Spot prices for butadiene.
- Still on a high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p14
Presents a 2005 outlook on the prices and margins related to the Asian petroleum chemicals industry. Fluctuation of ethylene prices; Expectation on propylene shortages; Reason cited for the increase in the prices of butadiene.
- Producers Seek More Increases For Major Olefins. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;07/17/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the price increases nominated by producers of ethylene and propylene for July 2000. Rate per-pound increase sought by producers for ethylene and propylene; Overall ethylene demand in the second quarter of 2000; Warning of the economists on petrochemical market.
- Olefins Market Remains Cloudy at Best. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the decline in the operating rates for domestic olefins producers in the United States as of June 2001. Prediction on the market for ethylene and propylene; Decline in consumption of natural gas.
- Asia curbs aromatics price surge. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p52
This article reports that weaker Asian sentiment has affected U.S. and European price ascent in the petrochemical industry in 2006. Naphtha prices in Europe lost ground in line with crude. Supply and demand are balanced, however, and the premium over Brent crude has actually increased. European...
- Contracts dominate thoughts. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p46
The article presents an overview of the commodity petrochemical markets as of December 2006. Butadiene prices in Asia fall by more than $100/tonne on weak demand and rising inventories. The first ethylene December-January bi-monthly contracts have been agreed down â‚¬ 55/tonne at â‚¬...
- Record High Prices Temper Propylene Demand. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, p1
Propylene prices in the U.S. continue to surge due to firm demand and supply constraints around the U.S. Gulf Coast. Meanwhile, ethylene sellers are still seeking price increases, but buyers are beginning to question their own ability to pass on any further increases to their customers....