Exercise: A Walk in the Park?
- 'Walk Across Texas' Teams Forming. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);6/8/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the formation of "Walk Across Texas" team which will begin on June 4, 2006 and end on July 29, 2006. The goal of the event is to offer people a way to become more physically active and adopt walking as a habit. Teams walk 830 miles for eight weeks. Information concerning...
- Six Tricks To Keep Your Walk Fresh And Fun. // Jet;12/22/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 26, p54
Presents several tips on starting an exercise program. Tips on incorporating mind games in the fitness program; Description of a friendly competition; Recommended areas for walking.
- Black Health & Fitness section. Maxey, Randall W. // Ebony;Jul2004, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p63
Emphasizes the importance of exercise in attaining good health. Types of activities other than gym exercises which could help improve an individual's health; Frequency and time span of exercising to maintain physical fitness; Advantages of walking as a form of exercise.
- rev up your workout. // Shape;Aug2007, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p166
The article offers some ways to make exercise session interesting. It's advised to increase the calorie burn and make any cardio work-out more fun by listening to music. Other similar tricks are also suggested. It's advised to run for 10 seconds if a red car passes and for 10 seconds when a...
- Walking fit. Spilner, Maggie // Prevention;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p76
Presents tips for a successful walking workout. Why people who fitness walk alone are more conscientious about workouts; Tips on race walking; A Band-Aid product called Blister Relief; How Diane Tindall stayed committed to her workout routine even with a broken ankle.
- A 12-week walking schedule. // Mayo Clinic Fitness for Everybody;2005, p46
Presents a 12-week walking schedule. Week; Time; Days a week; Total hours a week.
- walk it off. Yeager, Selene // Prevention;Nov2003, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p151
Presents a four-week walking workout. Study findings on the connection between walking and body fat storage; Workout equipment recommended; Information on how to calculate the number of steps taken.
- Get Going on the Right Foot. Siegfried, Donna Rae // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the Frequency, Intensity and Time formula which can be used in increasing the level of walking activity. Advantage of the formula; Factors to consider when starting the activity; Need for modifying an exercise program to limit pain and discomfort.
- Lower the Price of Fitness. Bannan, Karen J. // Arthritis Today;May/Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p55
Presents information on the tips for achieving physical fitness without spending money for the equipment. Application of soup cans in strengthening the arms; Benefits of walking in strengthening legs and improve the flexibility of the hips; Improvement of overall flexibility by borrowing a yoga...