Your New Best Friend
- Advising excellence. Beattie, Beverly // Employee Benefit Adviser;Sep2012, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses the importance of delivering best practices in compliance, human relations (HR), employee engagement, and technology for the management of human capital information.
- Does Compliance Have a Silver Lining? Slattery, Terry // Business Communications Review;Aug2006, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p55
The article discusses lessons acquired by companies in dealing with the impact of compliance legislation on network operations in the U.S. A survey by the Financial Executives International involving 274 public companies revealed that compliance costs averaged at an amount of $3.8 million in the...
- Time Travel and Timeless Tips. Hurtte, Frank // Electrical Wholesaling;May2010, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p36
The article offers tips for electrical distributors in improving their business performance with relevant to warehousing, delivery, counter sales, and purchasing best practices in the U.S. It emphasizes that tracking inventory items by number of picks allows the most popular items to be placed...
- Time Is Money in Procurement. Hackett, Greg // Financial Executive;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p48
The article reports that procurement departments are using best practice methods to achieve efficiency and control costs. World class companies are simplifying processes and procurement procedures, connecting the procurement and finance departments to improve information flow, and using...
- HBOS eyes Â£300m savings. Ellinor, Rebecca // Supply Management;10/5/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the procurement plan of Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) that is intended to centralize spending and save as much as Â£ 300 million a year by 2010. Group finance director Phil Hodkinson said the bank planned to direct its procurement towards best practice. A spokesman for...
- Time to get cracking on Codes. // Third Sector;11/8/2011, Issue 683, p31
The article reports on the conduct of review over the Codes of Fundraising Practice in Great Britain, particularly of the strengths and weaknesses, structure and format, and the coverage and reach of each code.
- Global compliance has given counsel a mountain to climb. Smith, Paul // Lawyer;11/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p8
The author reflects on the struggles of law firms to meet the challenges of global compliance. According to the author, one of the keys is delivering well-designed training for clients and incorporating compliance best practice initiatives when asked to advise on policy. The author also said the...
- CAREERS BRIEF: BSI aids firms on standards for compliance. // Fund Strategy (Online Edition);3/21/2011, p5
The article reports on the launch of the British compliance standard, called BSB8453, by the British Standards Institution to provide financial services companies with recognised compliance programmes based on industry best practice.
- Procurement's Role in Maximizing Corporate Budgets. Payne, Joe; Dorn, William; Miller, Maddy // Financial Executive;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p48
The article discusses the role of internal procurement departments in maximizing the budgets of corporate enterprises. According to the article, strategic sourcing can be used to develop a plan for supplier consolidation and procurement cost reductions. Topics include the potential negative...