The Economics of Choice
- Consumer Behaviour and Marketing a Hotel. Marwan-AL-Salaimeh // European Journal of Scientific Research;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p421
There are many factors that will impact on the decision to make a purchase of any good or service. A hotel room, if bought as part of a family holiday will be subject to greater consideration than a smaller and less costly purchase. This means there will be a considered decision making prices...
- DATA STRATEGY: VIEWPOINT. // Corporate Adviser;Nov2010, p57
The author discusses the importance of understanding customers and using the available business information in establishing consumer relationship within the multi-channel and digitally driven environment. The author states that a business can target customers with appropriate offers and...
- Comparing the Symbolic and Informational Effects of Language Use in Ethnic Targeted Communications Strategies. Touchstone, Ellen E.; Koslow, Scott; Shamsadani, Prem // Advances in Consumer Research;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p267
The article presents an abstract from a research project presented at a poster session held in 1999 for studies on consumer behavior, with a focus on the symbolic and informational effects of language and the use of ethnic languages to target immigrant consumers.
- Consumer behavior: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Zaichkowsky, Judith Lynne // Business Horizons;May/Jun91, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p51
Outlines the theoretical decision model of consumers in United States. Information on the economic paradigm of consumer behaviors; History of approaches to consumer decision making; Consumer Bill of Rights of 1963 that act as a social contract between business and society; Reasons behind the...
- Decision Making in Information-Rich Environments: The Role of Information Structure. Lurie, Nicholas // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p91
Examines the role of information structure in consumer decision making in information-rich environments. Aspects of information structure; Significance of information structure in consumer decision making.
- Personalization and Customization: Implications for Consumer Decision Making and Behavior. Godek, John // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p155
Examines several aspects of customization, personalization and identification of the implications for consumer decision making and behavior. Combined effect of search behavior and presentation patterns; Increase in consumer satisfaction by constraining choice; Influence of perceived control and...
- ORGANIZATIONAL BUYER BEHAVIOR: A GENERAL SYSTEMS/ROLE MODEL. Qualls, William J.; Michaels, Ronald E. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1984, p129
Focuses on the implication of general systems and role theory on organizational buyer behavior(BCG). Improvement of organizational decision making and buying behavior within the firm; Development for the building blocks of social systems; Importance of interactions and functions of the BCG.
- THE BUYING CENTER CONCEPT: FACT OR FICTION? Johnston, Wesley J.; McQuiston, Daniel H. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1984, p141
Focuses on the significance of organizational buying behavior. Importance of purchase decision; Factors affecting collective behavior and performance; Interaction of socioeconomic field.
- THEORY INTEGRATION IN ORGANIZATIONAL BUYING BEHAVIOR: TOWARDS A PROCESS PERSPECTIVE OF BUYING... Ghingold, Morry // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1984, p145
Focuses on the theoretical principles of organizational buying behavior. Occurrence of multi-person decision making; Interrelation of decision making and marketing; Conceptualization of buying center structure.