The Price of Learning to Compete
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;7/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p54
The article presents news briefs in broadcasting as of July 2007. DirecTV filed an amended false-advertising suit against Comcast, alleging that Comcast Media Center participated to produce an inadequate survey saying that it has the best high definition television picture quality. Eleven...
- DirecTV's NFL offer draws Comcast suit. JOHNSON, TED // Daily Variety;8/5/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 20, p53
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has filed a lawsuit against DirecTV Inc. in Illinois federal court on August 3, 2011 for false advertising on the National Football League (NFL) Sunday Ticket service.
- Qwest, in Settlement, Drops Disputed Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p14
The article reports that Qwest Communications International has agreed to drop its advertising claim that its broadband service is 72 percent faster than the one provided by Comcast Corp. Comcast filed a lawsuit to accuse Qwest of unfair competition and false advertising. Comcast contended that...
- DirecTV Loses in False-Ad Suits. Hemingway, Jonathan // Broadcasting & Cable;8/20/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 33, p47
This article reports that DirecTV has lost two lawsuits on false advertising. A U.S. District Court ruled for Comcast which protested the use of advertising by the satellite provider that referenced certain consumer and installer surveys. The court also found that DirecTV's motion for an...
- Comcast drops suit against DirecTV. // Daily Variety;8/22/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 31, p2
The article reports on the announcement of Comcast Corp. that it will drop its lawsuit against DirecTV Inc. for alleged claims of misleading advertisements for customers, after a settlement with DirecTV at an Illinois court.
- TW sues DirecTV in football fracas. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 52, p26
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TW) against DirecTV Group Inc. for deceptive advertising in Manhattan, New York City. These advertising campaigns include one about high definition television and another on the inability of TW subscribers to watch National...
- Comcast confident against DirecTV. // MediaWeek;09/29/97, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p3
Discloses that Comcast Corp. is confident that it will not be penalized by the US Federal Communications Commission over a complaint by DirecTV Inc. that charges Comcast with unfair methods of competition. Background of the case.
- Satellite-Ad Spat to Court. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by DirectTV Inc. on satellite TV rival Dish Network Corp. for false advertising that claims that the former charges more for the same service. Dish's "Why Pay More" advertisements imply that the viewers can get the same channels as provided by Direct but at...
- False Advertising Rob Lowe. BAZILIAN, EMMA // Adweek;4/13/2015, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p5
The article reports that the U.S.-based satellite television company DirecTV has decided to end its advertising campaign titled "Versus" starring actor Rob Lowe as of April 2015. It mentions that the decision was made after the U.S.-based Retter Business Bureau's National Advertising Division...