No Chicken with Web-hosted Access Systems
- Google Me an Access System. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2006, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p34
The article reports on the emergence of web-hosted access control solutions for security systems in the United States. Google Lab has launched its Google Spreadsheets which can be used to create basic spreadsheets that can be saved online. Access control system manufacturers have also shifted to...
- Problems Solved. // Computer Active;Sep2014, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p86
The article presents questions and answers related to computer problems including the method for transferring Dropbox to another computer, disabling applications on a Samsung Note 8 tablet, and the failure of a personal computer to boot after a memory upgrade.
- TECHNOLOGY BRINGS INSTALLATION EFFICIENCY TO DISTRICT LABS. // T H E Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p73
Examines the efficiency of installing internet and computers in district laboratory in Arizona. Advantages of having computer system; Reduction of configuration saved time; Demonstration of assignments from one system to another.
- Single-box Net access. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;09/01/97, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p24
Evaluates the FreeGate 1000 Internet access device from FreeGate Corp., which combines the server, firewall, router and wide area network (WAN) access functions in a single unit. Cost; Specifications; Iterations available; Security features; Availability.
- The hosted suite spot. Ollhorst, Frank // eWeek;12/3/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 37, pM1
The article focuses on the business of office application hosting. It discusses the growing probability of the business including SAAS products of becoming a mainstream alternative to traditional boxed software. However, it also identifies some of the limitations of the service. One is...
- Untitled. // Computer Weekly;5/30/2006, p9
The article presents news briefs related to the information services industry of Great Britain. It is reported that businessman Andrew Michael has sold his Fasthosts web hosting company to a German Internet service provider for Â£61.5 million, but intends to stay on with the business and...
- WWIV BBS. // Network Dictionary;2007, p533
An encyclopedia entry about the "WWIV Bulletin Board System (BBS)" is presented. It refers to the dial-up computer hosting systems that emerged in the online world during the late 1980s and early 1990s. One feature of these systems was a proprietary networking system which allows a number of...
- ACCESS CONTROL INNOVATIONS. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p75
Details technological innovations for access control systems. Application of the proximity technology; Feature of non-proprietary computer systems; Designation of biometrics on the market.
- Options Growing for Asset Tracking/Access Control. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb99, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on options for developing asset tracking and access control technologies in the United States. Development of embedded tags affixed to items being protected; Ability of the tag to identify both the asset and the carrier; Considerations of securing laptop computers.