A Seat at the Table
- A Strong Relationship…Except. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2009, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p20
The article presents a survey, conducted by the magazine "Security Magazine," that rates the significance of the companies' security operation in the U.S. According to the 2009 What chief executive officers (CEOs) Think of Security survey, protecting employees is both a critical mission and one...
- Threats and remedies. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Apr2009, p24
This article discusses the results of a survey of the concerns and strategies of information technology (IT) security professionals in Great Britain. The survey found that 66 percent of business organizations believe 2009 will see an increase in IT security threats. It also showed that 64...
- How I Did It. Clifford, Stephanie // Inc.;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p174
The article discusses how Bruce Moore, CEO of ARES International Security, formed the company and increased its revenue. Moore started a company which provides technical security services in 1996. However, he sold it to another company. He decided to form his own company again in 2001. His first...
- The Future Role of the Turnaround Specialist. Molyneaux, Miles // Business Credit;Oct2001, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p67
Focuses on the role of a chief executive officer in handling company problems. Need to hire a turnaround specialist to deal with troubled businesses; Signs of business in trouble; Qualities of a turnaround specialist.
- Do You Suffer From CEO-itis? Brandt, John R. // Industry Week/IW;Jun2002, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p15
Comments on the signs of an ineffective chief executive officer (CEO) of a company. Failure to focus on the priority problems; Risk of an egotistic CEO; Wisdom dissemination of CEO.
- Local economy `out of sync'. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the results of a survey of chief executive officers in New York conducted in 1996. Improved performance of companies in the first quarter; Confidence in the economy; Prospecting successes.
- Definitioin of CEO has changed. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;9/2/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p45
Presents business news items in Westchester County, New York for the week of September 2, 2002. Changes in the responsibilities of chief executive officers; Walnut Acres' introduction of its apple sauce product called Walnut Acres Certified Organic Fruit Squeezies; IBM Corp.'s grant to help in...
- Directorship DataBank dividends. // NACD Directorship;Mar1998, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p9
Reveals the number of American chief executive officers (CEO), in public companies, sitting on their own nominating committees since February 1994.
- MAGIC BULLETS. Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2002, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p8
Comments on the efforts of the hospital industry to hire a competent chief executive officer (CEO). Characteristics of a competent CEO; Perception of companies in hiring a competent CEO.