- ASIAN POLYMERS ENJOY UPWARD PRICE TRENDS. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p42
The article reports on price trends covering polymers in Asia as of February 6, 2006. Asian polyethylene rose in January primarily due to high crude oil prices, tight ethylene supply and firm prices. Traders in southern China were sold out of imported high-density polyethylene blow molding...
- Market firms on stronger demand. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;8/4/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2064, p13
Presents updates on European commodity polymer prices as of August 4, 2003. Effort of producers to match production to actual demand; Price erosions of high-density polyethylene; Stability of polypropylene prices.
- The challenges installing HDPE. // Trenchless Australasia;Dec2012, Issue 33, p63
The article offers information on the challenges that has been faced by members of a construction project team during the installation of large diameter High-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe when utilising horizontal directional drilling during the project in New South Wales (NSW).
- Dose and Dose-rate Dependence of Polyethylene Irradiation with Electron Beams "in Air.". Torrisi, L.; Visco, A. M.; Campo, N. // Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p97
The chemical and physical properties of ultra-high-molecular-weight-polyethylene (UHMWPE) can be modified by high absorption dose of ionizing radiations. Energetic electron beams, 5 MeV in energy, with a penetration depth higher than 1 cm, can be used to deposit electron energy in thick UHMWPE....
- Low op rates, tight PP. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 385, p26
Presents an update on the prices of polymers as of January 2003. Reason for the tight supply of polypropylene; General-purpose polystyrene prices for January delivery; Reason for the improvement in buying interest on high-density polyethylene from Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines.
- Reversals amid changing sentiment. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2137, p15
Reports on the status of polymer market in Europe as of March 2005. Factors that contributed to the decrease in prices of high density polyethylene in February 2005; Reason behind the decision of European producers to lower the prices of low density polyethylene; Decrease in prices of polyvinyl...
- Price slump begins to bottom out? Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p14
Details the market prices of European commodity polymer in June 2003. High density polyethylene; Linear low density polyethylene; Polystyrene.
- Russian HDPE production, Jan-Oct 2012. // CIREC Monthly News;Dec2012, Issue 264, p12
The article reports on the increase in the production of high density polyethylene (HDPE) in Russia from January-October 2012.
- Volume cost & its importance in plastic applications : Part 2 (Filled Polyolefins). Roy, Siddhartha // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Feb2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p27
In the October issue of Popular Plastics & Packaging, my article on Volume costs was published. I have received a lot of positive feedback and appreciation and I thank all the members who responded. One common thread in the feedback is that though it was a technical article; commercial...