OUR HR COLUMNIST
- How important is the concept of identity in employment relations? Kinnie, Nick // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p62
Deals with the findings of a study which explored attempts to manage employee identity. Types of identity regulation; Rejection of a particular vocabulary related to employee identity.
- A Stakeholder Identity Orientation Approach to Corporate Social Performance in Family Firms. Bingham, John B.; Dyer Jr., W. Gibb; Smith, Isaac; Adams, Gregory L. // Journal of Business Ethics;Apr2011, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p565
Extending the dialogue on corporate social performance (CSP) as descriptive stakeholder management (Clarkson, Acad Manage Rev 20:92, ), we examine differences in CSP activity between family and nonfamily firms. We argue that CSP activity can be explained by the firm's identity orientation toward...
- Who are we? Holt, Shirleen // Oregon Business Magazine;Jun97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p74
Reports that small businesses are taking their cues from the larger companies and are launching their own identity campaigns. Background information on how the companies didn't have identities; Problems faced by the companies; How do you find a solution that is best fitted; How companies changed...
- Battle of the brands. Kish, Matthew // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the initiative of city officials, tourism, business development and arts organization in designing a new identity for Indianapolis, Indiana. They just finished testing the five new slogans. In addition, they also plan to launch a Web site that will use the brand as a focal...
- 'My social security number is...' Castiglione, Nancy D. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p57
Discusses way to prevent identity theft. Importance of bank lobby and waiting area spaces to privacy; Protection of private documents when using a public fax or copy machine; Increase of identity theft risk when traveling; Risk that internal employees pose.
- What's in a Name? Guenther, Kim // Online;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p73
Discusses Internet domain names. How domain names work; Ways of registering one's domain name; Role of domain names in forming a company's identity.
- Chapter 7: Visual and verbal identity. Allen, Tony; Simmons, John // Brands & Branding;2003, p113
Chapter 7 of the book "The Economist: Brands & Branding" is presented. It explores the meaning of the "brands versus corporate identity". It highlights some pointers to help the visual and verbal identity and their brand relationship. It further discusses that visual identity and verbal identity...
- Program prevents identity theft. // Business Insurance;1/12/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p28
This article reports that the Portland, Oregon based company, Identity Safeguards is offering a program to help employees prevent and recover from identity theft. The Identity Safeguards service provides credit report monitoring and fraud prevention education. For victims of identity theft, the...
- don't lose your good name. Hennefrund, William // OfficePro;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p12
Presents pieces of advice on avoiding identity theft in the U.S. Effect of identity theft on office professionals; Use of phony Web sites in identity theft; Risk to providing credit information. INSET: Minimize Risk.