- DTI shake-up announced. // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p84
Reports the effect of the reorganization in the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) on business in Great Britain. List of five portfolios supported by the DTI; Terms of recruitment of the civil service; Role of the Small Business Service on DTI.
- Comment. Gibson, Jacquie // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
Discusses issues regarding the decision of the British Department of Trade and Industry to close its Business Services Unit as of May 2005. Implication of the move for conference and exhibition trade organizations; Statement issued by Michael Hirst, chairman of the Business Tourism Partnership,...
- What about investment clubs? // Estates Gazette;5/14/2005, Issue 519, p70
Covers issues related to the real estate business in Great Britain as of May 2005. Replacement of the Department of Trade and Industry with the Department for Productivity, Energy and Industry; Advantages of establishing investment clubs; Increase in the number of people who invested in the...
- Pack Hack's candid comments. // Packaging Magazine;6/16/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p6
Comments on the hasty change in the name of British Department of Productivity, Energy and Industry and so with various business names in Great Britain. Role of Secretary of State Alan Johnson in the hasty name changes made to the agency; Name of the packaging companies that have undergone name...
- DTI's Small(er) Business Service. // Credit Management;Feb2007, p10
The article highlights the announcement of Small Business Minister Margaret Hodge that the British Department of Trade and Industry's Small Business Service (SBS) will become a smaller, more sharply focused policy unit. SBS will work closely with the Treasury. The practical changes in the...
- Editorial. Higgins, Joanna // Director;Jun2005, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p9
Presents opinion on issues related to the business sector in Great Britain. Implications of the name change of the Department of Trade and Industry to the Department for Productivity, Energy and Industry for the sector; Influence of the reorganization of the Cabinet system on business leadership.
- DTI launches new insolvency service. // Accountancy;May90, Vol. 105 Issue 1161, p42
This article reports on the Insolvency Service launched by British Department of Trade and Industry Secretary Nicholas Ridley as of May 1990. The agency is the sixth of its kind set up in response to the report prepared by the Prime Minister's Efficiency Unit under Sir Robin Ibbs, published in...
- What has the DTI ever done for us? Overell, Stephen // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p19
Examines the performance of Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) with regard to strengthening the British labor market. Mission of DTI; Reaction of employers to the aim of DTI; Criticism of DTI functioning by the Institute of Directors.
- DTI trio depart as Labour completes its reshuffle. // Cabinet Maker;08/07/98, Issue 5100, p5
Cites the completion of the reshuffle of the Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry. Appointment of Peter Mandelson to serve as secretary of state; Selection of Kim Howells to replace Nigel Griffiths as under secretary of state responsible for consumer affairs and competition; Other...