A tragically naive Canadian law for tragically neglected global health
- Abu Dhabi moves towards generic prescribing. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on the move of the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi in United Arab Emirates towards prescription of generic drugs in the country. It notes that Health Authority of Abu Dhabi also forces doctors throughout the area to use generic drugs by molecular name. However, the law in the...
- Insurers Praise Bush's Generic Drug Proposal. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/28/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 43, p3
Reports on U.S. President George W. Bush's proposals to increase access to generic drugs. Reactions of insurers and consumer groups; Impact of the proposals on health insurance.
- EU to Adopt Bolar Provisions In a Victory for Generic Makers. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/28/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 9, p6
Reports the plan of European producers to change the rules on generic medicines. Information on bolar provision; Terms of the national regulations; Response from active pharmaceutical ingredients producers.
- Are generic drugs the cure to Medicare's ills? West, Diane // Drug Store News;03/04/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
Reveals that there is a generic solution to the Medicare drug debate in the U.S., according to the study, 'Greater Use of Generics: A Prescription for Drug Cost Savings.' Conclusion of the study; Type of generic utilization incentive; Study methodology.
- AMCP objects. // Drug Topics;5/19/97, Vol. 141 Issue 10, p25
Reports that the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy has signified its opposition to proposed legislation restricting generic substitution for certain drugs.
- N.J. companies warn Assembly on cost of bill. // Drug Store News;7/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, pCP3
Reports that various generic pharmaceutical companies based in New Jersey have sent letters to the New Jersey Assembly urging members to defeat a bill restricting generic substitutions in the state.
- Governor approves NTI restrictions on generics. // Drug Store News;7/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, pCP8
Reports that North Carolina's governor has signed into law a bill that limits the right of pharmacists to substitute generics.
- FDA's Troy cautions generic drugs firms. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p18
Reports on U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) chief counsel Daniel Troy's criticism of the generic drug industry for not supporting the agency's proposed rule on permitting one 30-month stay of approval. Industry's desire to seek legislative changes to the Hatchman-Waxman Act; Internal...
- "At-risk" generic launches can be unpredictable. Kaufman, Michele B. // Formulary;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p165
The article discusses U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval, or launch, of at-risk generic drugs. An at-risk generic drug can be approved by the FDA while the litigation of patent rights is still ongoing. According to the author, at-risk generic launches create an environment of...