Bubbles Still Beat Water
- HotFoam outperforms CO[sub 2] systems. // Offshore;Jul2001, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p110
Compares the effectiveness of using carbon dioxide systems and HotFoam systems in extinguishing fires in enclosed spaces. Information on the HotFoam System developed by Svenska Skum company; Problems related to the use of carbon dioxide systems in fire fighting; Comparison of the storage...
- Sealability Properties of Fluorine-Free Fire-Fighting Foams (FfreeF). Ted Schaefer; Bogdan Dlugogorski; Eric Kennedy // Fire Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p297
AbstractÂ Â This contribution compares the sealability performance of recently developed three synthetic foam formulations (that do not contain fluorosurfactants or fluoropolymers) with that of an aqueous film forming foam (AFFF). We apply the sealability methodology outlined in the...
- Microencapsulated fire-extinguishing fluids and reactive fire-extinguishing composites formed on their basis. Vilesov, A.; Saprykina, N.; Stepanov, R.; Suvorova, O.; Bosenko, M.; Vilesova, M.; Stankevich, R. // Polymer Science -- Series A;Jun2012, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p499
The application of microencapsulated liquid gasifiable fire-extinguishing agents as reactive filling compounds for fire-extinguishing composites is considered. A new process for microencapsulation of environmentally friendly fire-extinguishing agents possessing enhanced stability is designed....
- Environmentally friendly extinguishing agent. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the launching of Hygood Novec fire extinguishing agent by Macron Safety Systems in Great Britain. Applications for the agent; Features of the agent; Statement issued by manager Andrew Shinner on the agent.
- Fire prevention and suppression system. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the fire extinguishing agents developed by FirePASS Corp. in Great Britain. Component of the agents; Percentage of oxygen contained in the agent for fire suppression.
- Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems--THE SELECTION DILEMMA. Flavell, Doug // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p16
Offers an insight into some of the considerations when selecting a gaseous fire extinguishing system. Advantage of Halon 1301 fire extinguishing system; Effect of Halon 1301 on the stratospheric ozone layer; Similarity of halocarbons or chemical system to Halon 1301; Objective of inert gases.
- Low environmental impact halon alternative. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p22
Features the 3M Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid, a fire extinguishing agent available from Macron Safety Systems. Types of industries and companies in which the product is expected to appeal; Claims about the technology used in Novec 1230 fluid; Description of the product.
- Extinguishing a Fire in a Bank Vault. Eriksen, Dwayne // Fire Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p139
The article describes a fire in a bank vault, caused by an arsonist. The difficulty of combating a fire to which no direct access was immediately available is discussed. The fire was extinguished by opening a Purple K type fire extinguisher, removing the top, and shoveling the dry powder into...
- Self-extinguishing cigarette prevents fire in upholstered chair test. // Fire Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p49
The article presents information on self-extinguishing cigarettes that prevents fire in upholstered chair test. Fire marshals from the Suffolk County, New York, Department of Fire Rescue and Emergency Service conducted a non-scientific burn test involving an imitation leather overstuffed chair...