A Life Far Less Ordinary
- The State of College Foodservice. // FoodService Director;7/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p12
The article presents statistics on the 2011 food service industry landscape in the U.S. including overall state of the college food service industry, percentage in terms of popularity of business options on a campus and percentage of artificial fats removed by food service operators.
- Deli Delights. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p50
The article offers information on several menu strategies employed by food service providers to offer healthful grab-and-go delis. The dining services at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut rolled out a new approach called smart deli which focused on the use of dressing made without...
- Super Sides. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p38
This article looks at the interest of food service operators in the U.S. to use side dishes as sources of vitamins and minerals. According to the author, operators are using fresh vegetables, salad greens and grains to provide nutrition to their customers. She cites some restaurants and schools...
- Chandler Schools Begin to Offer Smoothies. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that middle and high school students in the Chandler Unified School District in Chandler, Arizona can now purchase smoothies during lunch. The new product began selling at nine schools after Thanksgiving, following approval of a $109,000 contract with Tropical Smoothie...
- CONTRACT CATERING. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/11/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4703, p11
The article offers news briefs on contract food catering services in Great Britain. Bill Toner, non-executive chairman at Host Contract Management Ltd., has been named as the keynote speaker at the event Arena Christmas Lunch to be held on December 5, 2011 in London, England. School caterer...
- Chartwells takes over Chicago. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the food service contract awarded to Chartwells-Thompson Hospitality by Chicago Public Schools in Illinois. Total worth of the deal; Terms of the contract; Plan of the company to launch breakfast marketing programs in public schools. INSET: Sebastians builds NYC base.
- Grabbing Hold of Health. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the increase in the number of foodservice operators in the U.S. that implement vending programs. Importance of nutrition education according to Snack Essentials CEO Alvaro Garza; Outcome of the installation of milk vending machines at Lorain City Schools in Ohio; Partnership between...
- Meeting the Food Service Needs of Generation Z. Dragona, Anthony N. // School Business Affairs;Feb2015, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the initiation of school dining program by Union City School District in New Jersey with the help of district's contracted food service providers. Topics include food service program offering fresh fruits and veggies and nutrition education to students, installation of...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.