Failure shows M&A problems
- Brussels Probes DSM Purchase of Roche's Vitamins. // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the European Commission's inquiry into the proposed acquisition of Roche's vitamins and fine chemicals business by DSM. Focus of the investigation; Concerns over the proposed deal.
- Poland's Ciech ups price to secure deal. Conroy, Will; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p11
The article reports that Ciech has agreed to pay for majority stake of epichlorohydrin and toluene di-isocyanate producer Zaklady Chemiczne Zachem. This was disclosed by Poland's treasury ministry. The ministry said that the two sides had also signed a deal to sell Ciech 80% of state-held...
- OMG to Acquire Coating Additives Firm from Lanxess. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/5/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 29, p16
The article presents updates on mergers and acquisitions in the chemical industry. Several suppliers to the paint industry announced deals in August 2007 including OM Group, which agreed to purchase specialty coating additives supplier Botchers from Lanxess. Sherwin-Williams (SW) plans to...
- Sasol reverses strategy and ponders O&S sale. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2159, p8
Reports on the plan of Sasol to consider selling its Germany-based Olefins and Surfactants (O&S) division in 2005. Views of deputy CEO Trevor Munday on the O&S business; Role of Deutsche Bank in the planned sale; Background on the acquisition of Condea by Sasol in March 2001.
- Shin-Etsu to Buy Clariant's Cellulose Ethes Business. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the plan of Shin-Etsu Chemical to acquire Clariant's cellulose ethers operation. Reason for the sale of Clariant's cellulose ethers and electronic chemicals businesses; Expected impact of the acquisition on Shin-Etsu's cellulose ethers sales; Effect of the completion of the deal on...
- AECI shareholders accept Sasol bid. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/17/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 23, p16
Reports that African Explosives and Chemical Industries (AECI) has accepted takeover bid of the Sasol company. Details on the takeover bid deal; Statement from Sasol.
- Sasol Approval to Acquire AECI Imminent. // Chemical Week;9/23/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 35, p6
States that approval by the South Africa Competition Board for Sasol Ltd. to acquire AECI Ltd. is imminent. Reason for Sasol's move; Sasol's net profit in the 1998 fiscal year ended June 30.
- Recent flurry of deal making in the chemical industry. // Chemical Business;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Provides information on developments in merger and acquisition activity in the chemical industry. Factors behind the growth in the number of merger deals; Effect of mergers on the focus of the chemical industry; Information on recent mergers deals in the industry in Europe, as of April 2002.
- Unrelenting chemicals M&A reconfigures the industry. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on various dealmaking strategies that have increased merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in the chemicals industry in the United States. Efforts of chemicals companies to increase the rate of restructuring; Goal of companies to use to expand and revamp troubled businesses;...