CHEMICALS SECTOR PRIME SUSPECT IN DUMPING
- Antidumping cases rise. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;1/26/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 4, p14
The article reports the increase in the number of antidumping cases involving chemicals. It is reported that the number of antidumping cases involving chemicals is on the rise and is likely to increase much further, as producers seek to export their way out of inventory problems, while those at...
- Eurocot bid to reopen enquiry. // Colourage;Jul97, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p74
Reports on the pressure on the European Commission in 1997 for the reopening of the inquiry of dumping by India and other Asian countries.
- Anti-dumping changes could hurt manufacturers. Short, Robyn // Manufacturers' Monthly;Oct2003, p8
Comments on prospective changes to anti-dumping rules in Australia. Concerns on whether specific goods will continue as protected or whether the expected changes will render the antidumping legislation ineffective; Fears that Australia will bow to China's pressure to continue permitting cheap...
- CHEMICAL SECTOR TOPS TRADE DUMPING CLAIMS. Bains, Elizabeth; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/30/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p13
The article reports that the chemical industry remains to be in the number one position on the global antidumping charts in 2006 based on the Global Trade Protection Report released in April 2007. The report indicates that 52 of 187 antidumping investigations involve import and export activities...
- Dumping. // China Chemical Reporter;11/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p9
The article offers news briefs related to international chemical business. The U.S. will make a reevaluation final ruling on glycine originated from China. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Commerce addressed the acrylates antidumping case that has exercised a period of five years and will expire on...
- Chemical Industry is the Most Targeted by Dumping Probes. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/2/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 15, p12
The article presents information on a study by independent consultant Cliff Stevenson, concerning anti dumping inquiries against chemical companies. Based on the results of the study, chemicals and metals are historically the sectors most targeted by dumping duties. They accounted for a combined...
- Furniture Antidumping Case Timeline - Past and Future. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2004, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p41
Presents a calendar of events related to antidumping case in the furniture industry in the U.S.
- Amul MD cautions government about dumping of dairy products. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;5/17/2015, p2
The article focuses on the request of the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) saying that the Indian government must not allow other countries to dump their dairy products in India under the Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- The worldwide spread of antidumping protection. Crowley, Meredith // Chicago Fed Letter;Jan2004, Issue 198, p1
Discusses the worldwide spread of anti-dumping protection. Definition of dumping; Reasons behind the rise of anti-dumping protection; Explanation of trade deflection between Japan and the U.S. by Bown and Cowley.