- Financial reality prompts news organizations to share content. Washkuch, Frank // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);8/1/2009, p21
The article focuses on the reasons why news organizations have engaged in content sharing in the U.S. It has been stated that content sharing is used by news organizations and broadcasters in New York. Content sharing has been perceived to be important because a coverage on a specific event has...
- THE AGENCY OF CONTENT CREATORS. ERSTAD, OLA // Javnost-The Public;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p67
The aim of this article is to discuss some key challenges of content creation as a social and cultural practice, with agency as the analytic lens. The agency of content creators has partly been related to tensions around personal engagement using digital media, and partly about the growth of...
- Doing more with less. Ohanian, Tom // TVB Europe;May2010, p32
The article discusses the trend of the Media and Entertainment (M&E) industry amid the faltering economy and decreased budgets that equates to a loss of time, effort and money. It states that the amount of media content aggregated from multiple sources are increased for consumption in different...
- Lectura crÃtica de medios: una propuesta metodolÃ³gica. Alvarado, Morella // Comunicar;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p101
This work analyzes some aspects on which the development of critical thinking is based starting with the contributions of critical theory to the educommunicative perspective, as a bedrock for reflection on the media. This work reviews the characteristics of the critical subject and...
- A CONTENT ANALYSIS OF CONTENT ANALYSES: TWENTY-FIVE YEARS OF JOURNALISM QUARTERLY. Riffe, Daniel; Freitag, Alan // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Winter97, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p873
Presents a study which examined the increasing number of articles employing quantitative content analysis in 1971-95 `Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly.' Focuses of these articles; Examination of the research methods used in these articles; Method use in this study; Results of this study.
- Noize. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;May2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
The article analyzes the concept of content in mass media, such as its modern concept and comprehensive cultural definition.
- Exploring â€œthe World Outside and the Pictures in Our Headsâ€: A Network Agenda-Setting Study. Vu, Hong Tien; Guo, Lei; McCombs, Maxwell E. // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Dec2014, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p669
This study examines the Network Agenda Setting Model, the third level of agenda-setting theory. It seeks to expand the modelâ€™s scope by testing five years (2007-2011) of aggregated data from national news media and polls. The study finds evidence that the news media bundled issue objects...
- Editors' Comments. Grusin, Elinor Kelley; Utt, Sandra H. // Newspaper Research Journal;Spring2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including use of videos, animated infographics, social media channels, content analysis and tobacco control.
- East Africans Find Radio More Credible Than Newspapers. Kalyango, Jr., Yusuf // Newspaper Research Journal;Spring2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p56
A content analysis of newspapers and a survey of public attitudes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda reveal that a significant number of citizens do not trust state-owned media. However, trust in newspapers is lower than trust in radio, despite a steady increase in circulation in recent years.