China's Mental Default
- When a quarter of humanity joins the digital age. Platt, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/97, Vol. 90 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the so-called computer revolution in China in the late 1990s. How Chinese tradition is being affected by computers; Signs of a computer age in China; How computers can reinforce China's integration into the world; Estimates for computer sales by the year 2000; The growth rate for...
- Left and right with Chinese characteristics. Nathan, Andrew J.; Shi, Tianjian // World Politics;Jul96, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p522
Emphasizes the result of a 199 national sample survey showing that the Chinese population was concerned with issues relating to reform, economic and social grievances and democracy. Difference of political issues nor social cleavages from those of the West; Social position and cognitive...
- Relative predictive power of the optimism versus the pessimism index of a Chinese version of the... Lai, Julian C. L. // Psychological Record;Summer97, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p399
Examines the dimensionality of the Life Orientation Test (LOT), a measure of optimism in Hong Kong Chinese. Splitting of the LOT between the optimism and the pessimism indices; Examination of the relative predictive power of the optimism versus the pessimism subscales; Difference of the...
- In search of the editorial pleasure principle. Zuzel, Michael // Masthead;Winter99, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p3
Editorial. Stresses the need to instill in publishers and newspaper owners an appreciation of the value of opinion pages to the journalism profession; Reminder to fellow editors to enjoy their work; Views on the quality of editorial pages.
- WAITING IN LINE. Chrispin, Gerald // Challenge Newsline;Jul2008, Issue 607, p7
The author reflects on the attitude of people while waiting for others to move or for something to happen.
- Miracle in a One Star Hotel. Toogood, Michael // Challenge Newsline;Dec2008, Issue 612, p4
The author reflects on the judgmental attitude of people.
- "Contrasts and Parallels.". // America;10/2/1926, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p581
The author reflects on the contrasts and parallels in the cases of Italy and Mexico. He notes that men are liable to show indifference and lack of sympathy to the loss of liberty of people who are remotely connected to them. He cites that the regime of Mussolini is more fitted to the Italian...
- Clarendon a great community to live in. Topper, Lana // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);5/22/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p2
The author reflects on the kindness and generosity of the people of Clarendon, Texas and expresses gratitude for such attitudes which make the area a great place to live in.
- Appraisal Values To Come Down? Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/26/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p6
The article presents the author's view on the reduction of appraisal values of property in Comal County in Texas and mentions the figures of the percentage cut off of home prices in 11.4% from January 2007-January 2008.