- Bush energy plan: Return to oilfields. McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p1
Reports that President George W. Bush is interested in moving the United States interest in oil from protecting land to encouraging exploration for fossil fuels.
- House passes bulk of Bush energy bill. // Power Economics;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the approval of a comprehensive energy policy in the United States. Inclusion of the plans to allow oil exploration in the Alaskan arctic refuge; Credits in addition to the domestic oil production proposals; Authority responsible in making recommendations on streamlining sitting of...
- Priming the Pump. // Time;6/30/1975, Vol. 105 Issue 27, p84
The article reports on the success of the British crude oil drilling and production at the North Sea. It notes that British energy secretary Anthony Wedgwood Benn has opened the first valve and has held a souvenir bottle of the crude oil. It adds that Great Britain has hoped that by 1981 the...
- Remember the hydrocarbon! // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p19
The article reports on the energy policy of the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association (NPRA). NPRA will focus on the development of domestic supplies of oil and natural gas according to executive vice president Charles Drevna. The organization plans to push for more areas for natural gas...
- Oil, gas and the grizzly. Gies, Erica // Earth Island Journal;Winter2002-2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p25
Deals with the threat posed by proposed oil and gas exploration at the Yellowstone National Park to its population of brown grizzly bears. Decline in the population of grizzlies; Range of factors threatening the grizzly habitat; Stance taken by the U.S. government on oil and gas development.
- Oil Fume. McClurg, Andrew J. // ABA Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p16
Answers some questions related to the energy crisis in California. Views on the proposal to reduce clean air standards as a way to boost the economy; Concern on the proposal to drill for oil in the Alaskan wildlife preserve; Opinion on the energy policy of United States President George W. Bush.
- Oil decline could be reversed by deep water finds. // Energy Caribbean;2010, Issue 49, p4
The article discusses the implications of the Trinidad and Tobago government's plan to auction deep water blocks for oil production in the country. It reports on whether the plan would be able to increase the country's oil production. It discusses obstacles in the way of getting an exploration...
- The Biofuel Follies. Will, George F. // Newsweek;2/11/2008, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p64
In this editorial, the author says the eagerness for biofuels is not exactly environmentally smart. During food land into alternative fuel sources still takes the work of tractors, fertilizers and the energy required to change corn into fuel. Europe is taking another look at the cost benefit and...
- GLOBAL E&P BRIEFS. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Apr2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p14
Presents news briefs on issues related to petroleum drilling and speculation as of April 2001. Petitions approved by the government of South Africa from companies interested in gas prospecting; Impact of political and regulatory conditions in Puerto Rico on energy development efforts;...