20 Years On, a New Climate
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- New Landscape for a New Millennium. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p54
The article discusses the innovations in the services offered by several cable operators in the U.S. According to the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, from a standing start of 500,000 customers at the end of 1998, the collective count of cable-modem subscribers is now around...
- NCTC/ACA Hit Windy City. // Communications Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
The article highlights the first annual Independent Show organized by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the show is Winds of Change which was chosen not just because of the windy reputation of the host city, but more...
- AT&T Misses TV Target. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the failure of AT&T Corp. to offer its U-verse TV in 15 markets in the U.S. by the end of 2006. The company blamed in part the slowdown on enhancing the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) software provided by Microsoft Corp. When asked why it missed the 15 market goal,...
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- It's the economy, stupid. B. R. S. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p22
The article discusses the impact of economic downturn on the market performance of cable industries in the U.S. It mentions that the industry must continue to forge ahead in the face of a devastated worldwide economy. It adds that cable might weather the current downturn better than most...
- Green: Creating Standards That Worked. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p13
The article reports on the achievements of Richard Green, founding president and chief executive officer (CEO) of CableLabs in the U.S. It notes that the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) and cable's high-speed data services are his greatest achievements. According to...
- 2010: THE YEAR IN CLUES. // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p6
A crossword puzzle related cable television industry in the U.S.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p36
A calendar of events for cable television industry in April 2008 is presented which includes the 15th Anniversary Celebration and Summit of the American Cable Association, West Coast Creative Summit and 14th annual NAMIC Vision Awards, and the Fundraising Dinner of Howard Foundation.