Time to Move Beyond the Grid
- Times, They Aren't Changing. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p42
The author reflects on the cable television industry in the U.S. He argues that the cable industry still has to act efficiently to continue to flourish in the next 20 years in the competitive telecommunications marketplace. He opines that the industry has to convey its virtues and values in its...
- Our Election Day Vote. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p26
The author reflects on the significance of the election day on the broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. He discusses the need for news division to prepare for the election day because it will create a big impact in the industry. He also comments that news anchors should not be selfish in...
- Tethered to the Home. // Wireless Week;5/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p4
The author examines the venture of U.S. cable operators into wireless communication. Cable operators have agreed that their success has been predicated on customers tethered to the home. They point out that their foray into wireless is about next-generation approaches for migrating the cable...
- Professionalism shines through. Mclaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
The author reflects on the Cabling Icon contest involving companies in the cabling industry. He talks about the effort of the contestants to demonstrate why they are worthy of advancing to the four-round contest. He adds that the winner is determined through the final evaluation, which is based...
- LESSONS FROM THE TRU2WAY CONFAB. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p27
The author reflects on Tru2way Developers Conference. It is the author's view that consumers are resoundingly interested in digital cable without the set-top box for the three reasons, that is, no monthly set-top rental fees, no futzing with wiring, and one remote control. She also inferred that...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- 2010: THE YEAR IN CLUES. // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p6
A crossword puzzle related cable television industry in the U.S.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p36
A calendar of events for cable television industry in April 2008 is presented which includes the 15th Anniversary Celebration and Summit of the American Cable Association, West Coast Creative Summit and 14th annual NAMIC Vision Awards, and the Fundraising Dinner of Howard Foundation.
- Fear Is Good. // Multichannel News;6/11/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p35
In this article, the author talks about how fear can be motivator in the U.S. cable television industry.