SVOD: Following Dollars, Sense
- Cablevision losses mount; revs up 21%. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;02/18/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 56, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems in 1999. Net loss; Revenue; Amount to be invested by the company in its cable and telephone services in 2000; Financial performance of content division Rainbow Media for the same period.
- Original series help cement a network's brand. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
Reports the importance of original series in branding a cable network. Status of the television shows; Performance of the cable networks; Growth profit of the cable networks.
- Cablevision Plans to Join Dish 'Winback' Rolls. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the increase in revenues of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second semester in the United States. Revision of cable systems' cash-flow forecasting; Plans of MSO on a modem-leasing program; Factors affecting DBS growth rates.
- Prime Numbers. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Reports that ESPN led all cable channels in the United States in advertising revenue in November 2002, according to Kagan World Media. Leading networks that generated more than half of their advertising revenues during the nighttime hours; Only network that generated a significant amount of its...
- Cablevision Shares Rise on Report. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p27
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. shares edged up after the cable operator reported strong fourth-quarter results in the U.S. Cablevision's fourth-quarter consolidated net revenue was $1.84 billion compared with $1.66 billion for the same period in 2006. The company added 1,000...
- Cable Keeps Crankin' in Q2. Farrell, Mike; Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p2
The article reports that cable operators have recorded stable and robust earnings for the second quarter in 2010. It notes that Cablevisions Systems Corp. has continued to lead in the cable operators market with an impressive income of 1.4 billion dollars. It adds that chief operating officer...
- Disney VOD coming to Cablevision subs. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/9/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 44, p8
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s signing of a cable deal to offer Disney Channel programs on video-on-demand format in the U.S. Terms of the deal; Cablevision's plans in providing the service.
- Looking for 825,000 digital subs this year. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p22
Reports on the customer growth of Cablevision Systems Coropration. Factor attributed to the customer increase of the firm; Expectations of Cablevision by the middle of 2003; Video-on-demand services offered by Cablevision. INSET: CABLEVISION SYSTEMS.
- PPV quarterly numbers lack punch. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;10/23/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 10, p68
Reports on the revenue loss posted by cable television network PPV form the third quarter of 2000 according to a report from Showtime Event Television Pay Per View. Revenues from boxing and wrestling events.