Surviving the New-Media Jungle
- USING SNS DATA IN PREDICTION OF TV VIEWERSHIP. Ook Lee // Journal of the Academy of Business & Economics;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p141
No abstract available.
- New ratings systems hyped. Silverman., Robert; Cox, Dan // Variety;2/7/94, Vol. 354 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the National Television Audience Measurement's operation of Systems for Measuring and Reporting Television (SMART), a prototype television ratings laboratory. Use of television metering and program-coding devices; Reactions; Applications; Competition with Nielsen's.
- TV brand association boosts consumers' purchase intent. Ramsay, Fiona // Media Week;6/24/2008, Issue 1166, p8
This article reports on a study on the effect of brand association with television (TV) programs on consumers' purchase intent in Great Britain. Conducted by Thinkbox, the study found that effective brand association with TV programs through sponsorship can boost consumers' purchase intent. It...
- Skipping TV ads, Filipino style. // ASEANAffairs;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that Philippines offers the highest load of television commercials, at around 18 minutes each hour. As a result, Filipinos have learned to adapt to avoid watching the ads. They channel surf and return to the programs they like just as the right time. A study from the...
- SURVEY: 1 IN 4 SKIPS BROADCAST FOR WEB TV. Harrison, Jordan // Home Media Magazine;9/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p14
The article presents results of a survey of television viewers conducted by The Conference Board. According to the survey, one of four households watches television online, rather than sitting down at a specific time to watch a television show. It also reveals that 80 percent of those surveyed...
- Connectivity won't end the role of traditional TV, says ITV's Simon Daglish. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age (Online Edition);3/23/2012, p11
The article reports that ITV's group commercial director Simon Daglish has said that the role of traditional television (TV) channels will not be ended by connectivity and evolving technologies. Speaking at Carat's Redefining TV event yesterday, he warned people tend to overestimate the short...
- Getting a captive audience. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;8/29/94, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p7
Opinion. Calls on telecommunication and cable television companies to address the concerns of potential customers of viewer-controlled cable television. Payment of a monthly subscription fee; Prices of pay-per-view movies and video-on-demand selections.
- Local TV Anywhere. Sander, Ken; Fenton, Brian C. // Sound & Vision;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on the TV2me, an invention by Ken Schaffer which enables viewers to watch local television from anywhere in the world. Features of the system; Signal distribution; Price of the product.
- And now, it's power to the people. Eames, Damien // New Statesman;07/24/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4496, pv
Describes how an intelligent video recorder (IVR) device integrated into a television set will change the way people watch television programs. How IVR will empower viewers; Discussion on the technological innovations which will give viewers more power over their television program preferences...