Everyone Gets Singled Out
- Rx for Retransmission. Commisso, Rocco // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p27
The article reports on issues related to the government of the relationship between cable television operators and broadcast television stations in the United States. This is according to Mediacom Communications chief executive officer Rocco Commisso. Mediacom Communications has partnered with...
- DUELING FOR DOLLARS. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the competition of broadcasters and cable operators in the U.S. Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. has already employed its strategies to win its retransmission-consent fight with Mediacom Communications Corp., while a worst case scenario is predicted if ever dispute between...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p49
The article presents news briefs related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. Mediacom Communications Corp. cited in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that it gears up for a retransmission-consent fight with Sinclair Broadcast Group. National Basketball Association television will...
- FCC Sits Out Sinclair Flap. Hearn, Ted; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will not impose binding arbitration on the dispute between Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. and Mediacom Communications Corp. in the U.S. Mediacom has asked FCC to order both sides into binding arbitration but FCC chairman Kevin...
- Vivendi Wants More Credit for USA. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p31
Focuses on the business strategies of Vivendi Universal S.A. , a cable network in the United States. Plan of Vivendi to consolidate with USA Networks Inc.; Reaction of investors on the stock prices of Vivendi; Amount offered by Vivendi to finance media operations.
- Ops are Calling Call Centers Profit Centers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Reports the strategies envisioned by cable operators to meet the expected growth of demands for cable industry installations in the United States. Proposal to monitor customer call centers of every company; Plan to ensure proper funding for call center upgrades; Emphasis on cost cutting.
- Operators Try to Get Creative. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Reports the strategic plans of cable operators to attain growth in the cable industry in the United States. Plan of having dish buy-back programs; Provision of greater incentives for sales agents; Elimination of cable thefts.
- MSOs Working on Move-Referral Plan. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the decision of multiple-systems operators to fund a study on structuring an industry-wide customer-move referral program. Vulnerability of cable subscribers to direct-broadcast satellite dish purchases during a move; Importance of integrating customer billing and database software;...
- Utah, Iowa Tee Up Muni Providers. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p10
Reports that the Board of Water, Electric and Communications Trustees in Muscatine, Iowa has approved the purchase of the local cable system from cable television network Mediacom Communications Corp. as of December 2002. Details of the purchase agreement; Amount paid by the board to Mediacom...