No Failure to Communicate
- Rate relations. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2008, p10
The article examines the debates on mobile termination rates (MTR) in 2008. Regulators in Great Britain and Sweden are questioning whether the current approach to reducing MTR is tenable. They stated that the rise of 3G infrastructure sharing and the growth of fixed-mobile convergence and...
- Mobile data: Lessons for Asian operators from the airline industry. Wong, Su-Yen // Global Wireless;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p7
Analyzes the problems to be encountered by the adoption of mobile data in Asia. Problem of several competitors in the Asian market; Information on the emergence of a number of distinct archetypes of operators in the global mobile industry; Use of the worldwide airline industry as an analogy for...
- Wireless revenge of the telecom giants. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;8/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p4
Comments on the competitive pricing competition among mobile communications providers. Efforts of fixed-line carriers to venture into the market of mobile carriers; Free call time offerings of fixed-line carriers; Call forwarding service that allows mobile subscribers to forward their calls to...
- Draining Your Competition. Reid, Emily // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct98, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the elimination of option and competition in the mobile communications industry. Large product manufacturers' focus towards smaller and more product-specific companies and customers; Issues concerning battery warranties; Innovative battery chargers versus old chargers and a warranty.
- China's Mobile-Phone Industry Experience Explosive Growth. // Microwaves & RF;Dec2003, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the growth of the Chinese mobile communication industry according to a report from Communications Consulting Associates as of December 2003. Effect of the withdrawal of protection for the two current licensed mobile providers on competition; Percentage of mobile service subscribers...
- In search of common ground. Storey, David P. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p13
Comments on several issues relevant to the mobile radio technology sector of the U.S. in 2004. Product differentiation and market competition; Shared values in radio communications; Functional interoperability for digital public radio systems.
- Australia: growing into the mobile space. // New Media Age;11/27/2003, p10
Focuses on the competition among mobile communication companies in Australia in 2003. Growth rate of the market; Next generation services offered; Revenues generated by the mobile industry; Details of developing trends.
- MNP bill passes second reading. // Russian Telecom;Dec2012, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that in December 2012, the Russian Parliament has endorsed a second reading for a bill that would introduce mobile number portability (MNP) in the country's telecommunications sector, which is expected to become law by 2013. It claims that the bill was drafted with the...
- Feds Beef Up Capacity On Capitol Hill. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p17
Focuses on government groups in the U.S. that have, or are about to, implement flexible, intelligent communication systems that allow users to remotely use their in-office telecommunications capabilities with difference in functionality. Details on the installation of microcell capacity...