Boomers: The New Geek Squad
- Baby boomers still booming after all these years. Clark, Ed // Journal of Business (10756124);05/31/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pA10
Focuses on the importance of the baby boom generation to the economy in the United States. Details on the purchasing power of the group; Effects of the retirement of the generation on the economy of the country; Monetary management of the baby boomers.
- A GENERATION GLOATS. Owen, David // New Yorker;04/24/2000, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p59
Evaluates the conduct of life of baby boomers in the United States. Buying power; Adult preferences; Development in transportation.
- Shake your super booty and make room for longevity risk. Mace, Janine // Money Management;7/31/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p16
The article examines the implication retirement products for product development and financial plans in the U.S. According to the article, the issue of longevity risk is becoming more important in the retirement planning. This was inspite the fact that few products provide for it. It furthers...
- SELF-PERCEPTIONS OF THE PORTRAYAL OF MATURE CONSUMERS IN ADVERTISING. Mosca, Joseph; Paul III, David; Handlin, Amy // Marketing Management Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p100
The post World War II generation has been, and will remain for the foreseeable future, a potent demographic group. The disposable income of the aging Baby Boomers is immense and increasing, while the purchasing power of those under 45 is expected to shrink steadily for years to come. Despite the...
- Create Baby Boomers' Confidence. Howard, Steve // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/17/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the purchasing power of Baby Boomers. Many Baby Boomers have purchased more products and services than their parents and grandparents. Years of positive experiences and expensive lessons affect everything Boomers buy, especially when it is something unfamiliar or complex...
- CHAPTER 11: BABY BOOMER CONSUMERS. // Consumer Behavior;2007, p68
Chapter 11 of the book "Consumer Behavior" is presented. It profiles Baby Boomer consumers in the U.S. in terms of their buying power, discretionary spending priorities, media use and online purchases. The characteristics of baby boomers as consumers is discussed. Some marketing tips for...
- The Largest Generation. Embrey, Alison // Convenience Store News;9/13/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p103
The article focuses on the purchasing power of baby boomers. This generation of shoppers has money to spend and a drive to spend it. Boomers are defined as anyone born between the years 1946 and 1964. Today, there are approximately 76 million baby boomers in the United States, representing 29...
- Grey future in store for baby boomers with cash to spare. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;11/29/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p7
The article reports on the results of Verdict's study of the spending habit of the baby boomer generation in Great Britain. According to the study, consumers over the age of 65 by the year 2017 will be spending 75 percent more than the current equivalent generation. It claims that every aspect...
- Tech firms ramp up already-pitched battle for employees. Wilson, Jeff // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the aging of baby boomers as a major cause of competition between high technology companies competing for high educated persons, in which the generations that follow offer fewer people to take the jobs left by boomers vacant in 2013.