Who's Watching What, When and How
- HK stations combat sliding viewership. Furniss, Tracey // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/15/2009, p14
The article reports that Asia Television Ltd. (ATV) and Television Broadcasts Ltd. (TVB) work to keep viewers from turning to cable TV or the Web in China. ATV executive chairman Linus Cheung Wing-lam plans to turn around its daily Hong Kong $1 million losses that includes streamlining its five...
- The Influence of Message and Audience Characteristics on TV News Grazing Behavior. Bailey, Rachel L.; Fox, Julia R.; Grabe, Maria Elizabeth // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Jul2013, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p318
This study examined television news channel changing (AKA grazing, zapping) behavior by focusing on the viewing duration and attention paid to stories that varied in sensational content and packaging. These two message-related factors had independent and interactive effects on how long grazers...
- VIEWING PATTERNS. // Multichannel News;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p15
Several charts are presented that show television viewing patterns in the U.S., including broadcast and cable audiences, video-on-demand orders and time-shifted viewing in digital video recordings.
- CABLE NEWS ELECTIONS RACE BY THE NUMBERS. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p54
The article presents data from Nielsen Co. on the viewership of cable news networks for 2008. Fox has maintained its first-place position among cable news networks with an average of 1.83 million total viewers in prime time, a 14 percent increase from the comparable period in 2007. CNN has...
- BARC week 34: Colors topples Star Plus to capture numero uno slot in Hindi GECs. // Indiantelevision.com;9/3/2015, p5
The article discusses the highlights of the ratings report released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India. Topics covered include the top ranking position of Hindi language Indian general entertainment channel Colors, the rankings of other Indian channels like Star Plus, Zee TV...
- Who wants to be a multi-million television audience attractor? Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;7/28/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p21
Focuses on the efforts of ITV to reconnect with its advertisers with the hosting of a special charity edition of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire? in South Bank, England. Success of the network in combining commercial success with public service programming; Launch of the autumn program line-up of...
- Sloppy Math. Barry, Kevin // MediaWeek;04/30/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p30
Discusses the issues surrounding the local cable operators and alternative delivery systems (ADS) in the broadcast television industry. Viewership; ADS contribution to cable audiences; Measurement of television audiences.
- CNBC Australia. // B&T Weekly;9/24/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2490, Special section p7
Features CNBC Australia, a network that is focus on providing relevant and up-to-date local and business news. Provision of targeted business and investment-related information by the network; Audience of the network; Advertisers in the network.
- In Mexico, Aprende TV is a learning experience. Bensinger, Ken // Variety;1/24/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the launch of Aprende TV, an education and culture channel developed by the cable trade group National Chamber of the Cable Television Industry, in Mexico City. Information on the channel; Target audiences of the channel.