New Moniker for a New Era
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.
- UPFRONT UNDONE. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/5/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p14
The article presents a forecast on cable-network advertisement sales in the U.S. According to the author, cable network executives project a strong revenue increase despite the persistent national economic crises and soft ratings attained by broadcasting networks as well as its competitors. In...
- Looking Out for the Little Guy. // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p35
In this article the author discusses the American Cable Association (ACA) Summit in Washington, D.C. on April 18, 2011 wherein she looks forward on the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act that was received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from the U.S....
- Cable Gets an Early Jump. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p8
The article discusses the strong performance of cable in 2007 in the U.S. Basic cable is cited to have entered the third quarter with momentum from its strong performance from April through June. A Turner Research analysis of Nielsen Media Research data notes that cable's share of primetime...
- CABLE UNDER FIRE. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Variety;11/4/2014, Vol. 325 Issue 13, p41
The article reports on the continuous drop of cable television ratings in 2014. Topics discussed include the factors behind the decline of cable show ratings, the impact of the declining ratings on the stocks of cable television corporations and the advertising revenues generated by cable...
- Surfers Get Price Sensitive. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p8
The article reports on the prices for cable services in the U.S. According to a recent survey by Strategy Analytics, 75 % of the high-speed data customers given a lower priced alternative for cable services have the tendency to switch for other providers. It states that the Cox Communication has...
- Consumers Stay Tuned to Television. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/6/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
In the article, the author reflects on the cable television viewers' behavior in the U.S., as of January 2014. He mentions that despite of falling numbers of pay television subscription, numbers of consumers watching television has been raised. He informs that multichannel operator services have...