Digeo Will Need Moxi at Retail
- Digeo Summons MoreMoxi Vs.TiVo. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the move of Digeo Inc. to improve its retail strategy by adding new Internet and home-networking features to Moxi HD DVR in Kirkland, Washington. The move is line with the company's plan to compete with the TiVo DVRs for high- end home-entertainment buffs. Moreover, the...
- Sony Veterans Plot Retail Plans For Digeo. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/25/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p32
This article reports on the plan of cable television set-top equipment and systems developer Digeo to enter retail distribution with a Moxi high-definition multimedia cable television set-top box by 2007. The company's executives, Mike Fidler and Greg Gudorf, will display a multi-tuner...
- Set-Top Vendors Show and Tell. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p42
Presents information on several digital video recorders (DVR) featured at the National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2004. DCT 6412 dual-tuner DVR set-top from Motorola Inc.; Multiroom digital video recorder box from Scientific-Atlanta Inc.; Moxi platform from Digeo.
- TiVo Plugs In Hulu, As Subs Dwindle. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p9
The article reports that customers of TiVo having premiere digital video recorders can now flick on Hulu Plus, the latest component of the company's over-the-top video strategy aiming to stop clients from dropping TiVo service.
- Next-Generation HD Cable Boxes Premiere. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/17/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
This article reports on cable boxes which integrates high definition digital video recorders and video-on-demand capability launched at the National Cable and Telecommunications Associations show held at New Orleans, Louisiana in 2004. Cable giants Motorola and Scientific Atlanta squared off...
- Digeo Unveils Moxi HD DVR, Inks Amazon Partnership. Suciu, Peter // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/26/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p34
This article announces the consumer availability of Digeo's Moxi high-definition digital video recorder (HD DVR), a premium home-entertainment system that includes no monthly fee or embedded advertising. In addition, Digeo announced that Amazon.com would be the exclusive launched retailer for...
- DVR Venture Digeo Slashes Its Staff In Half. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the mass lay-off at Digeo. The company laid-off 80 employees halting the development of its retail high-definition digital video recorders. These employees held positions that are not vital to product development. Meanwhile, Digeo's president and chief operating officer...
- MOXI HD DVR GETS FACELIFT. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
This article reports on the improvements made by Digeo Inc. to its Moxi high-definition digital video recorder (HD DVR) in a bid to enhance interaction with the Internet and distance itself from DVR competitors. Capabilities of the Moxi HD DVR include streaming videos from online social...
- Digeo revamps Moxi HD DVR. // CED;May2009, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p8
The article evaluates the high definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR), the Moxi HD DVR from Digeo Inc.