Embrace -- Even Demand -- Change
- TV news vs. technology. Maier, George // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p126
The article discusses the author's view regarding the relationship between news industry and technology. He said that television news has made a leap to digital and storage media including transmission method are multiplying faster which result different workflow due to its nonlinear nature. He...
- France takes reins of EU as European co-production slides. Godard, Francois // Broadcasting & Cable;1/23/95, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the French proposals for increased protectionism of European broadcasting, following its control of the European Union Council of Ministers. Details of the proposals; Its impact on European co-production. INSET: Europe to deregulate cable TV nets, by M.A..
- B'casters chip in $2 mil for V-chip alternative. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;7/24/95, Vol. 359 Issue 12, p20
Reports on network executives' support in the development of television sets with a device permitting parents to block TV programming they find objectionable as an alternative to the V-chip bill in the Congress. Democrats' support of the project; Network technology fund's contrasting with...
- Changing channels. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;9/12/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p0001
The article discusses the plans of high technology companies to break down traditional viewing habits through Web original programs and renovate the cable television. It states that among the competitors are the fast pace video-streaming services Hulu and Netflix as well as Roku and Boxee, which...
- Just the MAM Facts. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 46, p24
Presents information on the media-asset management (MAM) system for cable and broadcast stations. Reason of individual television stations for not using MAM; Advantages of using the MAM starter pack offered by Harris; Cost of the Video Logger system from Virage; Features of the Video Logger.
- It's All About Multitasking. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the need for television networks to target customers on multiple technological platforms addressed at the meeting of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association in April 2005. Efforts of television operators to develop their customer services; Examples of technological...
- Digital servers. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, pS-3
Discusses the factors involved in television broadcasting's migration to digital servers. Description of the digital video server technology; Advantages of using digital servers; Redundant array of independent drives technology and digital video compression techniques; Applications for digital...
- News departments tap into high-tech. Carpenter-Johnson, Peggy; Thom, Bill; Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p10
Reports the technological innovations of the television broadcasting news departments in the United States. Elimination of the expense of copying and making the devices ideal; Usability of the portable digital notepads to the reporters; Importance of transferring public documents to the...
- Analyzing models affecting TV ads, and creating a haphazard approach. Dekimpe, Marnik G. // Marketing News;02/14/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the effect of direct television advertising in the U.S. Examination of the fragility of the studies on media advertising; Conclusion of the study based on the result of the examination; Proposal of a new methodology to study the global diffusion of technological innovations.