Bring Back the Hype
- First Data Buyout: Which Pieces Wall Street Views as Still in Play. Breitkopf, David // American Banker;4/10/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 68, p1
The article discusses aspects of the decision for payment processor First Data Corp. to sell itself to private equity firm Kolberg Kravis Roberts & Co. The sale will take one of the biggest payment companies off of the public market, but many Wall Street observers say that portions of First Data...
- Covenant-lite: The global future for Alliance-Boots. // European Retail Digest;Summer2007, Issue 54, p51
Given the current level of private-equity-based bidding in UK retail, and despite the recent peaking in the leveraged buy-out market, the fact that Alliance-Boots became a target was not a surprise. The bid from Pessina-KKR was...
- Private Equity Deals Still Hot, But Issues Emerge. Worden, Nat // FN: Footwear News;7/30/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p134
The article focuses on private equity deals in the footwear industry. Strong cash flows, hot fashion trends, manageable growth rates and household name brands are all part of the attraction for leveraged buyout mavens. Some of the most prolific buyout firms are going public, such as Blackstone...
- Another sign of a buyout bubble. Gandel, Stephen // Fortune.com;12/20/2013, p1
The article discusses private-equity firm KKR & Co.'s plans to acquire KKR Financial Holdings, its publicly-traded bond-fund management company. The author describes two possible reasons why KKR & Co. is willing to pay a premium for the company, both of which he maintains reflect a belief that...
- $300M Boosts First Data Rating. // Credit Union Times;10/23/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p14
The article reports on an approval given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the private equity firm KKR & Co. LP and other investors for investing 300 million dollars in the global payment processing company First Data Corp.
- No. 90. // Crain's New York Business;12/22/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 51/52, p0016
The article discusses the earnings being posted by private equity firm KKR & Co. from the sale of the companies it acquired years ago and the move in making its buyout funds accessible to individual investors.
- Prime example: KKR deal for China Modern Dairy. JACOBIUS, ARLEEN // Pensions & Investments;9/7/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p0026
KKR & Co.'s investment in China Modern Dairy Holdings Ltd., reportedly its first in China, represents a pattern of the type of deals private equity firms are making in Asia.
- Top private equity firms step up India investments. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;11/16/2014, p30
The article reports that Marquee private equity (PE) firms including Temasek Holdings Pvt. Ltd, Warburg Pincus India Pvt. Ltd and KKR & Co. Llp, have improved their investments in India although they continue to lag other investors. It mentions that PE firms invested 8.4 billion dollars in India...
- US private equity company to invest $100 million in wireless infrastructure. Majithia, Kavit // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
US private equity company KKR & Co is to invest $100 million in three wireless infrastructure companies managed by Associated Partners LP.