EU biotech -- much still to do
- The EU Perspective: Biotech and Life Science Research in Europe?The EU Role, 1974?2024. Cantley, Mark // Nature Biotechnology;Nov99 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the perspective of European Union (EU) biotechnology and science research in Europe. Research efforts for biotechnology in Europe; Implications of technological innovations in life sciences on various industrial sectors; Role of EU in the scale and coordination of research.
- Retailers vote no to GM. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Aug2003, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers has approved two European Commission proposals on the traceability and labelling of genetically modified (GM) foods. Move to end the de facto moratorium on the introduction of GM foods; Confirmation of a little health risk associated...
- EU halts GM maize tests for Bt10. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p47
The article reports on the decision of the European Union (EU) to stop testing for the presence of the unauthorized genetically modified (GM) maize strain Bt10 in maize shipments from the U.S. The testing requirement was instigated in 2005, when GM maize was found in U.S. corn animal feed. The...
- Technologies catalogue is published. Odriscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p41
The article features the catalog, 100 Technology Offers Stemming From EU Biotechnology RTD Results, produced by the European Commission. The objective of the catalog is cited. An overview of the catalog is given. Janez Potocnik, commissioner for science and research, issued a statement about the...
- The European Commission as a network organization. Metcalfe, Les // Publius: The Journal of Federalism;Fall96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on the reinvention of European Commission's role (EC) as a network organization in the European Union. Commitment of the 1992 Maastricht Treaty on European Union; Reasons for redefining EC's role; Structure and functions of EC; Sources of the management deficit; Core competence of EC.
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION ISSUES SPRING REPORT ON MACEDONIA. // Macedonian Diplomatic Bulletin;Apr2013, Issue 72, p10
The article offers information on the a spring report released by European Commission that shows the Republic of Macedonia has continued to follow all rules that define whether a country is eligible to join the European Union called "Copenhagen Criteria," for opening membership negotiations.
- Increased pressure on Ireland to enforce group housing of sows. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Mar2013, p10
The article informs that Ireland has received a formal notice from the European Commission to address deficiencies regarding the implementation of the European Union's legislation related to the group housing of sows.
- EU ministers temper Framework reforms. Schiermeier, Quirin // Nature;12/20/2001-12/27/2001, Vol. 414 Issue 6866, p833
Focuses on the agreement between European Commission and European Union research ministers regarding the Framework program. Use of funds to integrate European research activities; Evaluation of networks independently; Support of parliament on computing projects.
- Resolution Fund Tax Proposed for EU. // American Banker;5/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 82, p16
The article discusses a proposal from the European Commission that European Union banks be charged a special tax, with proceeds dedicated to winding down the operations of failed banks in an orderly manner.