- UPCOMING COURSES. // Active Living: Newsletters;Mar2008, pN8
The article presents the upcoming courses related to physical fitness and exercise. These include Prince Albert Aquatic Exercise on March 28-30, 2008 at Frank J. Dunn Swimming Pools, Yorkton Fitness Theory at Gallagher Centre, and Exercise for Older Adults at City of Regina Sportplex on April...
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. // Active Living: Newsletters;Jan2010, p15
A calendar of events for members of Fitness New Brunswick in Canada from February to June 2010 which includes the leadership training for group fitness to be held in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, the specialist training for fitness instructor to be held in Montreal, Quebec, and the...
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR ATTENTION TO DIVERSITY. Su�rez-Llorca, Concepci�n // Journal of Human Sport & Exercise;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p198
The author reflects on the significance of physical education for both sexes as well as children and old people. She states that education allows each individual to progress against discrimination and inequality. She notes the important role of physical activity, which allows for the activation...
- The effect of three different lifetime fitness class structures on various fitness parameters of... Ermler, Kathy L.; Kovar, Susan K. // Physical Educator;Late Winter93, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p52
Determines the effects of three different lifetime fitness class structures on various fitness and psychological parameters of college students. Effect on recovery heart rate; Effect on the intent of student to exercise; Effect on students' attitude toward exercise.
- The Reality of Fitness for Pre-Service Teachers: What Physical Education Majors 'Know and Can Do'. Petersen, Susan; Byrne, Heidi; Cruz, Luz // Physical Educator;Late Winter2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p5
Presents information on a study that described the results of two types of fitness assessments on physical education majors. Research methods; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusion.
- Academic Excellence Must Include Physical Education. Langford, George A.; Carter, LaGary // Physical Educator;Late Winter2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p28
Comments that physical education in schools have failed to address the components of health-related fitness within physical education. Factor that led to a decrease in the physical education requirements in the public schools; Importance of community involvement in physical education.
- It's not too late to get into Shape! Sherman, Alexa Joy // Shape;Aug2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p130
Presents information on a physical fitness workshop.
- Core training for your best body. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Shape;Aug2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p202
Presents information on a physical fitness program. INSET: The plan.
- Shape Up Now! Aaberg, Everett // Boys' Life;Feb2001, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p22
Outlines a physical fitness training program.