A Most Complex Fence Indeed
- Motion-Tracking Camera Streamlines Security. // Journal of Property Management;Technology 2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p47
Introduces the Automatic Image Motion Seeking camera developed by a researcher from the University of Rhode Island. Functions; Features; Impact of the camera on security surveillance.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT IN: ACCESS KEYPADS. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p57
Focuses on the importance of keypad designs of security systems. Functionalism of keypads in several industries' buildings and facilities; Evolution of the keypad from mechanical to electronic device; Reasons behind the popularity of keypads. INSET: Elements Important to End-users.
- Homeland Security Advisory System. Snyder, Lisa Beth // Soldiers;May2002, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p10
Presents information on the Homeland Security Advisory System created by U.S. President George W. Bush. Objectives of the advisory system; Use of a color-coded system to identify the level of terrorist threats; Procedures implemented for each level of threat.
- Phoenix Police Go High Tech. LaGrand, Wendell A. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;8/25/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the installation of the "Project Gold Shield" components machinery to enhance the safety and security system of the Village of Phoenix in Illinois. It notes that the high technology machinery can gather data from mobile video surveillance cameras to control crime and save...
- Seeing cargo more clearly. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/1/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p24
Focuses on the collaboration between Science Applications International Corp., a technology company based in the U.S., and the Hong Kong Container Terminal Operators Association in testing the Integrated Container Inspection Systems (ICIS) at two terminals in Hong Kong, China. Explanation that...
- Proud To Be Security: How Roles Changed After 9/11. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2011, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p38
The article focuses on the changes and developments in security and risk management in U.S. after the terroristic attacks on September 11, 2001. It mentions the technological transition in security industry 10 years after the tragic event such as physical security information management systems...
- Video surveillance hits a home run. // Communications News;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p36
The article focuses on the upgrade of the physical security network at PETCO baseball park in San Diego, California to a hybrid Internet protocol (IP)/analog system. The incorporation of some existing surveillance cameras and the existing network architecture with upgraded camera equipment and...
- Kids 911. McKay, Jim // Government Technology;Sep2003 Supplement, p6
Provides information on the U.S. homeland security project called Kids 911, which uses a Web portal as the single source of information, enhancing the Amber Alert system. Features of the Web portal; Action taken to address inter-agency concerns and issues; Evidence of the increased demand for...
- Security Holes. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;4/10/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p13
The article discusses the report made by the U.S. Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations on the new and improved cargo security system for federal programs, dubbed the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism. The system was established to...