Knock It Off!
- Integrated 3D barcodes to help fight fakes. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Nov2015, Issue 893, p20
The article focuses on the development of the three-dimensional (3D) barcodes by Bradford University engineers and Sofmat, a technology company, that is aimed at preventing counterfeit during the manufacture of products.
- DEVELOPMENT OF ANTI-COUNTERFEIT CONSUMER PRODUCT AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM. Narimanova, O. V. // Odes'kyi Politechnichnyi Universytet PRATSI;2015, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p124
Aim of the research is to develop an anti-counterfeit consumer product authentication system. The main requirements for this system are formulated, the choice of method of consumer product authentication is substantiated. The scheme of anti-counterfeit consumer product authentication system is...
- Covert nanobar codes defeat counterfeiters. // Machine Design;9/15/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 18, pS2
Describes the bar codes developed by the British National Physical Laboratory. Use of the bar codes in keeping valuable information about products hidden from counterfeiters; Potential of the technology to store key data about product packaging; Details of the creation of the bar codes.
- Safety in Numbers. Rittenburg, Jim // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the use of barcodes in protecting pharmaceutical products from counterfeiting and diversion in the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. The use of barcode technology in tracking pharmaceutical products has made mass serialization technically and economically feasible. The...
- Can we curb counterfeiting? // Automotive Body Repair News;Oct2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p22
The article discusses certain efforts that are being taken in the United States to curb the problem of counterfeiting. Counterfeit parts are taking toll on the automotive industry worldwide. One proposed law that may help create stronger provisions in int
- Making money in the printing business. Evans, Colin // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/4/93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p16
Reports Edmonton police seized $250,000 of illegal $20 bills and made seven arrests following raids on six Edmonton-area residences. Best-made counterfeits ever seen in Canada; Pressman at Ronald's Printing was one charged; Police unwilling to comment on various rumors; Conterfeits as often...
- Making money. Bahr, Robert // Boys' Life;Feb1993, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the problem of counterfeit money and how the Secret Service works to put counterfeiters out of business. Why it is difficult to reproduce paper money; Jail sentence if convicted for counterfeiting; Examples of counterfeiters; Money trivia. INSET: The counterfeiters..
- New money. // Jet;3/25/96, Vol. 89 Issue 19, p40
Reports on the Treasury Department's shipping of a redesigned $100 bills on March 1996 to banks to stop the increasing number of counterfeiters from making replicas in the United States.
- Pssst, wanna buy some parts? Battle III, John D. // Aftermarket Business;02/01/95, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p1
Discusses the business of counterfeiting in the United States. Liability of manufacturer, distributor and retailer; Littelfuse's war against counterfeiters; Growth potential; Anti-counterfeiting law; Gray area of parts simulation; Penalties; Recommendations. INSET: Spotting bogus parts..