- Nasdaq Announces New Clients for Blockchain-Enabled Platform. D'Antona Jr., John // Traders Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 27 Issue 382, p1
The article informs that Nasdaq is planning to launch its Linq trading platform by using blockchain technology and has named the first companies to use the trading system. It is noted that Chain.com, ChangeTip, PeerNova, Synack, Tango and Vera would be the first participants. It is noted that...
- Technology wake-up time. Gottliebsen, Robert // BRW;6/03/96, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p8
Opinion. Focuses on Nasdaq's development of a sophisticated technology market that can value stocks on a global basis and targeting of Australian companies. Technology market in Australia; Investments in technology stocks; Difference between the United States and the Australian markets.
- IQ news. Taylor, Catharine P. // Brandweek;10/12/98, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p25
Focuses on the staging of the Fall Internet World conference which coincided with the worst week in NASDAQ's market history.
- Stock Market Honors Diwali. // Hinduism Today;Jan-Mar2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the move of the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) to promote the celebration of the Diwali festival of the Hindus in New York. On October 17, 2006, NASDAQ displayed a giant Indian flag on its corner billboard which within hours went...
- End of an Era. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
This article reports that Nasdaq President Rick Ketchum, a former candidate for the top job at the electronic stock market, is stepping down to become general counsel at Citigroup, whose Salomon Smith Barney (SSB) brokerage unit was part of a record regulatory settlement. Congressman Doug Ose,...
- Bleak outlook for e-markets. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;01/31/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the poor performance of electronic communication networks (ECN) stocks in New York. Major companies that own stakes in electronic trading systems; Nasdaq Stock Markets' decision to sell itself in private placement that will put much of its stock in the hands of Wall Street firms;...
- Small Order Execution System. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p6886
Definition of the term "Small Order Execution System" is presented. It refers to an automated execution system for bypassing brokers when processing small order agency executions of NASDAQ securities up to 1,000 shares.
- There Is No Internet Bubble to Burst. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on a milestone reached by the stock exchange, National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation. Shift away from the old economy to the new economy in the United States; Increased interest into technology- and Internet-related companies; Integration of the Internet into...
- TECH WORKFORCE IN US TOPS 5 MILLION. // Siliconindia;Jul2000, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p22
Reports that the high-tech workforce in the United States surged to 5 million in 1999, according to the American Electronics Association and Nasdaq stock exchange. Assessment of high-tech industries across the nation; Colorado having the highest concentration of high-tech workers; California...