Selling in places you never imagined
- Now where do we go to buy? Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2009, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p4
The author reflects on the production and product selection standpoints regarding the loss of several truck brands from the market. He agrees that on the product level, the impact of loss on the truck equipment industry is readily felt while on the production level, the results are not yet felt....
- Supply chains go global. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2007, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p50
The article discusses issues related to supply chains in the truck equipment industry. According to Steve Pillsbury, director of PRTM Management Consultants, distributors will be buying from more global suppliers in the future because supply chains are becoming increasingly global and there are...
- Shift for distributors. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2007, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p64
The article presents the views of Andy Thomas, director of innovation and process development with WW Grainger, on issues related to the truck equipment industry in the U.S. According to Thomas, the choice of the term distributor makes sense only from the point of view of a manufacturer. He said...
- Supplier Consolidation: Its Impact on the Distributor. Scheer, Dave // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2007, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p66
The article presents the views of Dave Scheer, president of Inland Truck Parts Company, on issues related to the truck equipment industry in the U.S. According to Scheer, in any relationship with a vendor or supplier, there is a defined number of distributors in the marketplace. He states that...
- Distributors Report Strong July Sales. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/27/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the announcement from the Heating, Airconditioning and Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) that the distributor sales in July 2010 had increased by 13 percent from 2009 in the North America.
- Knapheide distributors honored. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2007, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p76
The article presents the distributors honored by Knapheide Manufacturing during the 2007 Work Truck Show including Clark Truck Equipment, Canfield Equipment Service and Auto Safety House.
- More than just a pulse. WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p2
An interview with truck equipment distributors, trailer dealers, and parts specialists from around the U.S. is presented. Jason Hall of Wick's Trucks Trailers offers an update on the latest developments in the parts market. When asked what can suppliers do to offer better service, Dave Durand of...
- Bodyworks becomes Heil full-line distributor. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the selection of Bodyworks Equipment Inc. as an authorized full-time distributor for Heil Environmental in the U.S. effective October 1, 2005. Information on the distribution business of the company; Background on Bodyworks.
- Study compares shop installation times. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p23
Provides information on the findings of the 2005 Shop Installation Results Report published by the National Truck Equipment Association in the U.S. Decline in the average installation time for conventional liftgates since 2000; Reason for the development of the report; Benefits of the report...