An Astounding Fantasy
- Gore takes warming warning to Senate. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;4/2/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p12
The article informs that Al Gore, former vice president of the U.S., testified before the Senate environment committee that global warming is a planetary emergency that threatens the survival of civilization. He testified that rising temperatures have been accompanied by stronger hurricanes,...
- My Chicken Little Bet With Al Gore. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);6/23/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p33
The article presents information on a bet for $10,000 between the author and Al Gore, former Vice President of the U.S., on the issue of global warming. The decision regarding the bet would be taken after ten years. According to Gore, within 10 years, glaciers of Antarctica would melt and...
- Gore's film has lessons we should heed. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p62A
The article presents the author's sharing of the lessons he learned from watching Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth" in Indianapolis theater. He describes the film as persuasive and frightening in implication for the people, especially children. Things learned, include pictures of glaciers,...
- White House outlines national campaign to protect environment, create jobs. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jun1995, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p33
Reports that United States Vice President Al Gore has outlined a national campaign to provide better health, safety and environmental protection for all Americans at lower cost to taxpayers, businesses and consumers. Creation of wage jobs and exports; Reduction of the costs of cleaning up...
- Departing Words from Provincetown's Longest-Serving Town Manager. Bergman, Keith // Provincetown Arts;2007/2008, Vol. 22, p152
This article discusses the danger of global warming and the environmental risks for Provincetown, Massachusetts. The editor comments on the global warming campaigning by former U.S. Vice President Al Gore at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee. The particular hazard of rising ocean levels and its...
- Global warming is the opiate of the pseudo-intellectuals. Chase, Alston // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p17
Comments on US Vice President Al Gore's views on global warming. Allegations that global warming is the reason behind the meltdown of glaciers at the Glacier National Park, Montana; Facts refuting allegations made by Gore on the effect of global warming in Montana.
- MATH Spotlight on...Vice President Al Gore. // Scholastic Math;02/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Presents an algebra problem on the stature of United States Vice President Al Gore.
- The Americas: A community of democratic nations. Gore, Albert // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;10/3/94, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p650
Presents a speech made by US Vice President Al Gore to the Inter-American Development Bank, in Washington, D.C., on September 16, 1994. Celebration of Mexican Independence Day; Restoration of democracy in Haiti; The advance of democracy in the Americas; Solutions to `reinvent government';...
- Al Gore on healing our relationship with the earth. // EPA Journal;Apr-Jun93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
Presents Al Gore's remark pertaining to environmental protection and restoration. Radical changes in the ecological system; Factors leading to ecological changes; Role of individuals on environmental protection.