LAND OF THE RISING CASH
- Exit, voice and the evolution of industrial districts: the case of the post-World War II economic development of Prato. Ottati, Gabi Dei // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jul2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p501
In this paper, the Hirschmanian exit-voice approach is applied to the development of industrial districts. The analysis of the post-World War II evolution of the Prato district helps to make explicit how the industrial district competitive advantage can be reproduced over time during periods of...
- Economic Growth: Recent Developments. // Denmark Country Monitor;Nov2011, p6
The article focuses on the economic development of Denmark in 2011. It mentions that the economy of the country has expanded in the second quarter of 2011, in which the real gross domestic product (GDP) experience a 1.0% quarter-on-quarter (q/q) improvement. It states that a 0.1% q/q fall in the...
- Chicago Business Index Rose in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p2
This article reports that the Chicago Purchasing Manager's Business Barometer was 52.2 in May 2003, up from 47.6 in April, reversing two months of declines and contraction. An index reading below 50 signals a slowing economy, while a level above 50 suggests economic expansion.
- This summer's sector performance has been hot and cold. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/17/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 38, p9
Focuses on issues related to the performance of the economic sector as of September 2001. Income returns of several companies; Technology stocks; Performance rating.
- notes. // Industry Week/IW;05/01/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p64
Presents news briefs on economic trend as of May 2000. Manufacturers' view of United States economic growth; Amount to be invested by the Japanese government in the stock market to support stock prices of major firms.
- China has to take the right lessons from market turmoil. Spence, Michael // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/31/2015, p39
The article presents the author's views on problems with China's economic growth pattern as it repeated mistakes of earlier equities collapses.
- Be yourself-maximize your assets. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p12
Comments on the significant economic growth in Indianapolis, Indiana with the favorable sites for business operations. Practice and development of God-given talents to achieve success; Proposal on the expansion of assets for economic development in the city; Number of city development projects...
- Avoiding the bone yard of stimulus efforts past. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);12/23/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 26, pA4
Highlights the Spokane Regional Economic Development Summit held in December 2004 that included presenters, good multimedia support and a well-organized agenda. Billing of the event as participatory in nature; Lessons from Spokane's economy; Plan for holding a second conference in 2005.
- We can attract more high-tech. Wham, Paul // Journal of Business (10756124);4/20/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 9, pA8
The article relates the author's view on the impact of business enterprises on Spokane's economy and employment. Having companies in the Puget Sound region, he has once considered moving to Spokane but after extensive research, he decided on the move. One of the reasons for his decision is that...