FRIEDMAN'S ROAD MAPS
- A CONNECTION BETWEEN SPECULATION AND STABILITY IN THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKET. Obst, Norman P. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul67, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p146
Demonstrates that Milton Friedman's notion of stability in foreign exchange market is different from that of Murray Kemp and Lester Telser. Friedman's views about the nature of speculation in foreign exchange market; Model to demonstrate stabilizing nature of speculation.
- Lanny Ebenstein: The Indispensable Milton Friedman. Krainin, Todd; Gillespie, Nick // Hit & Run;1/6/2013, p13
The article reviews the book "The Indispensable Milton Friedman: Essays on Politics and Economics," by Lanny Ebenstein.
- A Pragmatic Reading of Friedman's Methodological Essay and What It Tells Us for the Discussion of ABMs. Deichsel, Simon; Pyka, Andreas // Journal of Artificial Societies & Social Simulation;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p9
The issues of empirical calibration of parameter values and functional relationships describing the interactions between the various actors plays an important role in agent based modelling. Agent-based models range from purely theoretical exercises focussing on the patterns in the dynamics of...
- WORLD FINANCE. // Banking;Dec69, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p46
Presents news briefs on the banking and financial sectors worldwide as of December 1969. Topic of an essay written by Professor Milton Friedman for 'Morgan Guaranty Survey'; Locations of the offices that Chase Manhattan planned to establish; Information on Canada's savings bonds.
- Ten Views on Vouchers. Buckingham, Jennifer // Policy;Autumn2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p49
The article discusses an essay entitled "The Role of Government in Education," by Milton Friedman. He concluded that general school-level of education satisfied the public criteria due to a stable democracy, and schooling must be provided by the government. Friedman also developed the two...
- THE DESIGN OF ECONOMIC POLICY- OR LEARNING BY DOING. Hillinger, Claude // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Dec70, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p90
The author says that the choice of policy actions should be considered as a sequential decision process under uncertainty. The targets can be regarded as arguments of a social welfare function. The object of policy may be taken to be the maximization of the expected value of the social welfare...
- Empiricism and Economic Method: Several Views Considered. Rotwein, Eugene // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Sep73, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p361
This article focuses on the methodology of economics. Some time ago, procedures employed in the empirical testing of economic hypotheses were attacked severely by Milton Friedman in his essay "The Methodology of Positive Economics." Friedman's position, which branded much such empirical testing...
- Dr. Friedman's diagnosis. Gendron, George // Inc.;Sep93, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p13
Gives highlights of the video of the House Republican Conference and Nobel laureate Milton Friedman, which was broadcast on May 6, 1993, by C-SPAN. Friedman's comments on how the government prevents people from becoming employed; Source of deterioration in social aspects of American life the...
- HK dollar to be scrapped. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Apr95, p12
Reports on Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman's forecast that China will scrap the Hong Kong dollar in 1997.