American Idealism and Realpolitik
- Remarks on Kosovo and an Exchange With Reporters in Dar es Salaam. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/25/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p236
The article presents the text of an exchange of U.S. President George W. Bush with reporters in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, February 19, 2008, following his remarks on Kosovo. U.S. President Bush emphasized the stand of the U.S. on Kosovo Independence. He also discussed the effect of the stand of...
- Bush's tremors could mean disaster for Dems. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/20/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 26, p41A
Comments on the political initiative of President George W. Bush in the U.S. Nomination of right-leaning judicial candidates for federal positions; Transfer of the prescription drug program for senior citizens to the private pharmaceutical firms; Taxation plans.
- Political inteference in American science. McKee, Martin; Novotny, Thomas E. // European Journal of Public Health;Dec2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p289
Discusses information on the political interference by U.S. President George W. Bush's administration on science in the U.S. Scientific issues handled by presidential administrations in the U.S.; Strategies used by the Bush administration in handling scientific information; Reason for the...
- Can a Lame Duck Soar? Hedtke, James R. // Ripon Forum;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the political situation of the United States President George W. Bush's government. Political analyst suggests that Bush presidency will become infected with the lame duck syndrome during his last two years in the White House. Lame duck presidents have historically not...
- The seventh Confederate coup. Robeson Jr., Paul // New York Amsterdam News;7/11/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 28, p12
Criticizes the administration of President George W. Bush in the U.S. Manifestation of racism in the leadership of Bush; Expectations on the personal motives behind the political initiatives of Bush; Questions on the legality of the administrative action against terrorism.
- THE CONTINUING CRISIS. Tyrrell Jr., R. Emmett // American Spectator;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p8
Discusses politics and other issues of various interest from the U.S. and foreign countries as of November 2002. Results of the campaign made by U.S. President George W. Bush in several states; Winner of the World's Biggest Liar Contest for 2002; Opportunities for women in Manchester, England.
- DIPLOMATIC FLOP. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;10/13/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush campaign to sell America's policies and image to Arabs and Muslims abroad is underfunded and failing. Amount of money funded to outreach programs for Arabs and Muslims.
- RESTORING OUR BROKEN JUDICIAL CONFIRMATION PROCESS. Cornyn, John // Texas Review of Law & Politics;Fall2003, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Looks at the democrat filibuster of four of U.S. President George W. Bush's judicial nominees. Delay in Senate's consideration of judicial nominees; Need to restore civility to broken judicial confirmation process; Religious beliefs against abortion.
- Interview With Al Zaman. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/24/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p927
Interviews U.S. President George W. Bush about political issues. Views on the assassination of Izz al-Din al-Salim and Iraqi freedom; Plans he cited for the transition of sovereignty to an Iraqi interim government; Explanation on prisoner abuse in AbuGhraib prison.