Pols Can't Paper Over This One
- No More $1 Bills? // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;1/23/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p3
The article focuses on the plan of the U.S. Congress to get rid of the dollar bill and switch to dollar coins.
- Now it's Grant's turn. // Region (10453369);Jun97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p35
Describes the new $50 bill unveiled by the US Department of Treasury in June 1997. Security features; Portrait; Concentric fine lines; Security thread; Watermark; Color-shifting ink; Low-vision feature; Microprinting; Federal Reserve indicators; Serial numbers.
- HIGH-TECH HUNDRED. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p20
The article presents the features of the new U.S. $100 bill circulated by the Treasury Department starting October 2013.
- DOMESTIC MEDIA ADVISORY. // Deputy & Court Officer;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p57
The article provides information on the unveiling of the 100 U.S. dollars note to be held at the Department of the Treasury's Cash Room in Washington D.C. on April 21, 2010.
- OPENING SHOT. // PM Network;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on a new design of a 100 dollar bill by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, which remains the portrait of U.S. Founding Father Benjamin Franklin and added three-dimensional (3-D) security features.
- Update to the January 6, 2012, Federal Register Notice on Prices for 2012 Products Featuring $1 Coins. Peterson, Richard A. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/27/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 59, p18307
The article offers information on a notice issued by the U.S. Mint of the U.S Department of the Treasury regarding an update on the prices for 2012 products featuring 1 U.S. dollars coin.
- Dollar Coins Just Don't Fit The Bill. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);3/30/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p32
The article presents the author's views criticizing the United States Treasury Department for its decision to issue a new series of dollar coins. He says Americans have never liked using dollar coins and they usually do not bother to know the personalities who grace the design of each coin. The...
- Coinage Decisions in the Making. // Banking;Feb69, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p26
Reports that the U.S. Joint Commission on the Coinage has met at the Treasury in December 1968 to consider problems of silver coins and coinage. Number of silver dollars recommended for sale by the commission; Suggestions on the minting of dollars; Decision of the commission on the government's...
- Treasury and Federal reserve foreign exchange operations. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Dec97, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p947
Presents a report that describes the United States Treasury and System foreign exchange operations for the period from July through September 1997. Performance of the dollar as compared to Japan and Germany; Expectations of steady monetary policy encouraged by a benign US inflationary...