COMMENTARY: Urgent revascularization with PCI was more cost-effective than CABG in medically refractory, high-risk myocardial ischemia
- Aortopopliteal Bypass: A Case Report. Sfeir, Roger E.; Hussein, Maher K. // Vascular Surgery;Jun1990, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p350
Extraanatomic bypasses were introduced by Blaisdell more than twenty-five years ago. A wide variety of such bypasses have been used in various conditions. The authors report a case of aortopopliteal bypass done for limb salvage.
- Best Wishes. // CableFAX Daily;10/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 202, p3
The article reports on a successful heart bypass surgery undergone by Jim Dolan of Cablevision in the U.S. in 2005.
- Change in right ventricular function during off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Kwak, Y.L.; Oh, Y.J.; Jung, S.M.; Yoo, K.J.; Lee, J.H.; Hong, Y.W. // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p572
Objectives: Hemodynamic derangement during displacement of beating heart in off-pump coronary artery bypass graft (OPCAB) surgery might be related with right ventricular (RV) dysfunction. We evaluated RV function and hemodynamic alterations using a thermodilution pulmonary artery catheter....
- The introduction of endoscopic heart valve surgery into the UK. Hashim, Shahrul; Jutley, Rajwinder; Shajar, Matloob; Richens, David // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct2005, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p440
The author reflects on the development of endoscopic heart valve surgery in Great Britain. Endoscopic cardiac surgery was originally attempted as a method of performing coronary artery bypass grafting in the 1990s. The approach was not popularized for reasons that remain unclear in the country....
- Anticipated Impact of Drug-Eluting Stents on Referral Patterns for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery: A Population-Based Angiographic Analysis. Powell, Brian D.; Rihal, Charanjit S.; Bell, Malcolm R.; Zehr, Kenton J.; Holmes Jr., David R. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jun2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p769
â€¢ Objectives: To determine the clinical and angiographic characteristics of patients who underwent coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery before the availability of drug-eluting stents (DES) and to project the potential impact of percutaneous coronary intervention using DES. â€¢...
- Does Off-pump Coronary Revascularization Reduce the Release of the Cerebral Markers, S-100Î² and NSE? Bonacchi, Massimo; Prifti, Edvin; Maiani, Massimo; Bartolozzi, Fabio; Di Eusanio, Marco; Leacche, Marzia // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Oct2006, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p314
Objectives: The aims of this study were to (1) compare the release of S-100Î² and NSE in off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) versus on-pump surgery; (2) investigate whether the S-100Î² and NSE serum concentrations correlate with cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) duration. Materials...
- Operative and early results of coronary artery bypass grafting in female patients in different body mass indexes. Tokmakoglu, Hilmi // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2010, Vol. 5, p119
Background: Female gender has been reported to be an independent risk factor for coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) in European System for Cardiac Risk Evaluation. The effect of the body size on the CABG outcome is less clear. There is ongoing debate about obesity as a risk factor for...
- Simultaneous Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting And Abdominal Operation: Report Of Two Cases. Nuamah, Nabil M.; Hamaloglu, Erhan; Ozdemir, Arif; Ozenc, Ahmet; Daghmoura, Hassen; Dundar, Ziya H. // Internet Journal of Surgery;2007, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
Simultaneous coronary artery bypass grafting and noncardiac surgery is an accepted concept aimed at reducing morbidity and to free patients from different diseases at a single anesthetic setting. Reported here-in, are two cases of coronary artery bypass grafting and hepatobiliary surgery,...
- A man with giving heart. Blanton, Jaime // Fort Worth Business Press;7/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the new bypass technique wherein the operation is performed while the heart beats on, uninterrupted. Purpose of a bypass surgery; Description of a classical bypass operation; Disadvantages of a classical bypass operation.