COMMENTARY: Atorvastatin at 80 mg/d reduced cerebrovascular events more than atorvastatin at 10 mg/d in stable coronary heart disease
- Higher continuity of statin use associated with decreased all-cause mortality. // Formulary;Mar2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p88
The article focuses on a study on higher continuity of statin treatment associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality among patients with or without coronary heart disease (CHD). Two patient cohorts, such as the primary and the secondary prevention cohort, were assessed to determine the...
- Opinion: Statin island welcomes you. Farrell, Liam // GP: General Practitioner;3/17/2006, p36
The article presents the author's views on statins. When statins were first introduced, everyone with high cholesterol was using them until people realised their side-effects and the importance of other risk factors. But now statins are being used for the treatment of diabetes, coronary heart...
- Cholesterol study ranks effectiveness of statins. Gough, Rob // Pulse;11/11/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 43, p7
Examines the use of statins for first-line treatment of coronary heart disease (CHD) in Great Britain. Efficacy of statins in reducing cholesterol in the body; Mechanism of action of each agent; Benefits of the treatment for CHD patients.
- Patients with acute coronary syndrome should start a statin while still in hospital. Isles, C.G. // Heart;Jul2002, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the use of statins for the treatment of coronary heart disease in Great Britain. Clinical profile of patients with coronary heart disease; Barriers to prescribing prophylactic drugs following myocardial infarction; Beneficial effects of statins.
- Use of statins in the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease: is treatment equitable? Reid, F.D.A.; Cook, D.G.; Whincup, P.H. // Heart;Jul2002, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p15
Objective: To investigate possible inequities in the use of statins for people with coronary heart disease according to a wide range of social and clinical factors. Design and setting: Cross sectional analysis of data from the Health Survey for England 1998, a population based survey. Subjects:...
- Effects of atorvastatin (and blood pressure lowering comparing amlodipide-based therapy with beta-blocker-based therapy) on serum variables of cholesterol synthesis and absorption, thrombogenicity and on low-density lipoprotein oxidation in vivo. Nieminen, M S; Viikari, J; Ahotupa, M; Vasankari, T; Kantola, I; Strandberg, T; Vanhanen, H // Journal of Human Hypertension;Aug2001 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 8, pS27
Discusses effects of atorvastatins on the prevention of coronary heart disease complications. Reasons provided for occurrence of the heart diseases in patients despite statin treatment; Effect of atorvastatin on atherogenic lipid profile; Impact of statins on low-density lipoprotein composition.
- Kolchizin nicht nur bei Gicht, sondern auch bei koronarer Herzkrankheit wirksam. Steurer, Johann // Praxis (16618157);7/24/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 15, p943
No abstract available.
- The Role of C-Reactive Protein (CRP) and Statin Treatment in Reducing Cardiovascular Risk. Chin, Jaclynn // South Dakota Medicine;2009, p104
The article explains the role of C-reactive protein (CRP) and statin treatment in lowering cardiovascular risk. CRP is said to be the primary inflammatory predictor of future coronary heart disease (CHD) events. Health professionals from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the...
- Effects of Statins on Serum n-3 to n-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Ratios in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease. Nozue, Tsuyoshi; Yamamoto, Shingo; Tohyama, Shinichi; Fukui, Kazuki; Umezawa, Shigeo; Onishi, Yuko; Kunishima, Tomoyuki; Sato, Akira; Nozato, Toshihiro; Miyake, Shogo; Takeyama, Youichi; Morino, Yoshihiro; Yamauchi, Takao; Muramatsu, Toshiya; Hibi, Kiyoshi; Michishita, Ichiro // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jul2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p320
Background: A low n-3 to n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) ratio is reported to be associated with cardiovascular events.However, the effects of statins on this ratio have not been fully examined. Methods: A total of 101 patients with coronary arterydisease, who were not receiving...