LTCI Versus Self- Insurance: Authors Respond
- Keeping well covered. Letourneau, Louis // Gay Times (09506101);Aug2003, Issue 299, p63
Offers facts about the use of income insurance during times of sickness and injury. Cost of long-term incapacity benefit; Information on the two types of income insurance, the critical illness and income protection insurance; Coverage of critical illness and income protection insurance.
- Buyers seek `total risk solutions': Zurich exec. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/22/97 -12/29/97, Vol. 101 Issue 51, p15
Deals with the increasing demand for `total risk solutions' by commercial insureds. Balance-sheet protection and traditional indemnity coverage included in the demanded total risk solutions; Benefits to insurers of the consumer demands; Trends affecting risk management.
- Health Care Solvency, Recyclers, Expanded Kidnap. // Risk Management (00355593);Apr2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p8
Introduces several insurance policies and risk management products. Includes an aggregate reinsurance/insurance product for medical provider groups and health maintenance organizations from Western Health Guaranty Fund; Expansion of Zurich's Kidnap/Ransom & Extortion production for kidnapping,...
- It Takes More Than A Statement Of Values To Convert Blanket Coverage Into Specific Insurance. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;7/21/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 28, p12
Cites the complaints of risk managers against insurance companies in the United States regarding blanket insurance. Why an underwriter might insist on a completed statement of values before agreeing to write blanket coverage; How the blanket coverage works; How the improper use of of the...
- ISN'T IT AMAZING WHAT SOME PEOPLE CALL REFORM? Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;06/10/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p12
Discusses issues regarding errors in insurance risk management. Definition of a contract; Implication of the reformation of a contract; Information on insurance umbrella policy.
- Despite softness, D&O worries RMs. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/22/96, Vol. 100 Issue 17, p9
Discusses the D&O policy, an insurance policy which did not cover the corporate entity if it was named in a lawsuit. Reason risk managers are not concerned about predictions that the D&O market could be years away; Comments by John Riley, director of corporate risk management for Dun &...
- Successful Policy System Replacement: Effectively Managing the Hidden Risks. Betteridge, Neil // Insurance Networking News;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p42
The article discusses the author's view on the renovation project risk management of legacy policy administration systems by insurance carriers in the U.S.
- If David Letterman Had Been a Risk Manager. Brinson, Raymond // Risk Management (00355593);Apr2001, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on effective risk management of insurance policies. Basic components of policies; Importance of written confirmation of conversations with insurance brokers; Proof of existence of policies; Examination of denial of coverage by policyholders' lawyers; Documentation of...
- Policy paper trails go cold. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;7/31/95, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p2
Reports on a problem of poor insurance policy documentation in risk management audits in Santa Clara, California. Deficiencies in risk management programs; Missing parts of policies.