Not enough boots on the ground to really combat terrorism
- The Iraq surge is working; we need to give Petraeus time. Krauthammer, Charles // Fort Worth Business Press;9/17/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p34
The author emphasizes the success of the counterinsurgency strategy by General David Patraeus in Iraq. The author highlights the military progress demonstrated by Patraeus from his new strategy. The author states that his testimony, concerning Iraqi violence and antiterrorism efforts, bought him...
- A Failure of Politics. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;10/1/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 11, p72
The author of the editorial reflects on the destructive effect of partisan politics and how they may keep the U.S. from improving its situation in Iraq. The way both U.S. political parties responded to the testimony of General David Howell Petraeus on the Iraq war showed that the parties were...
- Will Democrats Return MoveOn.org Money? Ensign, John // Human Events;9/17/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 31, p1
The author comments on the decision by the U.S. Democrats to allow the liberal group Moveon.org to criticize U.S. Army General David Petraeus in an advertising published in the September 10, 2007 issue of the "New York Times." He argues that the Democrats' silence on the issue implies that they...
- Petraeus to testify 3 thnes. Bennet, John T. // Hill;3/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p20
The article reports on the plan of the lawmakers in the U.S. to press General David Petraeus for his testimony on the U.S.-led mission in Afghanistan.
- Petraeus: Israelis see Iran as 'an existential threat.'. // Washington Jewish Week;2/9/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the statement of U.S. Central Intelligence Agency director David Petraeus on Israel's perception of Iran as a "existential threat" to their country due to its nuclear plans.
- David Petraeus for President. Lynch, Cameron // U.S. News Digital Weekly;9/24/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p16
The author comments on the possibility for military officer David Petraeus to pursue higher office, such as U.S. presidency, upon retirement.
- Hiding Behind the General. Klein, Joe // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/24/2007, Issue 37, p25
The author of the editorial reflects on the September 2007 policy of U.S. President George W. Bush to put General David Howell Petraeus in charge of the Iraq war when President Bush should be running the war. The author reminds readers that Petraeus was in charge of training the Iraqi army in...
- Inside Iraq. Kristol, William // Time;8/20/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p24
The author comments on his impressions of American soldiers in Iraq during a one week visit. He feels that the soldiers deserve significant acknowledgment for their overseas duties which include building community relations in an effort to stem counterinsurgency efforts. Under the leadership of...
- How Dare You. Kinsley, Michael // Time;10/1/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 14, p25
The author of the editorial posits that umbrage is the new favorable position in U.S. politics. Even politicians and pundits as stalwart as Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and U.S. presidential candidate Rudy Guiliani have learned to expose their sensitive sides. U.S. conservative politicians in...